PDA

View Full Version : driveshaft/cv joint EJ8

xcwizit
05-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Hey guys,

got an EJ8 and whenever i steer to the left (not even full lock) it makes a CLONKING noise. It has been making this noise for 2 months now. Is this my CV Joints? If so, how much am I looking to pay to reco/rebuild my CV Joints?

henrygiang
05-04-2011, 12:22 AM
if your turning to the left, it should be your right hand side joint that need replacing and vice versa. should cost about $100-$200 depending on where you get it done

xcwizit
05-04-2011, 12:35 AM
thanks for the response Henry. Also, from what I've been told, it ain't a really urgent thing to fix right away is correct? Or others beg to differ?

henrygiang
05-04-2011, 01:03 AM
I try get it fixed sooner rather than later. It will eventually fail from memory from what i read when it happened to mine. Its not going to do any damage right away but will eventually fail.

jeremydawg
05-04-2011, 09:48 AM
When it fails you wont be able to steer and your car will most likely be driven into a pole! That's worst case though, you could probably drive around like that for years and it wouldnt fail or it could give way much sooner.
If i were you i would just take it to the mecho asap. Its not a very expensive fix, you wont risk any damage by doing it sooner rather than later