PDA

View Full Version : Em1 Power Window Slow Up

yuj1n
06-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi, ive got a em1 and the driver side power window is so slow to wind up and sometimes it grinds to a halt. Anything i can do that might potentially fix this? My passenger side window winds up and down smoothly only the driver side has problems it comes down fine.

rocky_b
06-04-2011, 09:08 AM
common thing with EM1s. rubber trim around the windows might need some Silicone Spray. same thing happens with mine. just maintenance really. if it doesn't fix it. might be your power window actuator. Goodluck!

ECU-MAN
06-04-2011, 09:14 AM
as above

u mad?
06-04-2011, 09:18 AM
are power window actuators expensive?

ECU-MAN
06-04-2011, 12:33 PM
thay can be

they are not called actuators they are called regulators

if you have to purchase the compleate unit then bend over. if you can purchase either just the motor or regulator on its own then it wont hurt as much.

quangsuke
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
if ur electrical handy, u can open it up and give it a good clean.
did that to mine when i first installed power windows into the car. works a treat :)

EK1.6LCIV
08-04-2011, 09:42 PM
anything is a band-aide, theyre just a bad design, best thing is inox or having a few motors spare as theyre easy to replace :)

just boils down to a cheap design on an otherwise faultless car

ej8
09-04-2011, 05:46 AM
common thing with EM1s. rubber trim around the windows might need some Silicone Spray. same thing happens with mine. just maintenance really. if it doesn't fix it. might be your power window actuator. Goodluck!

what is this silicone spray you speak of?

craigosrepz
10-04-2011, 09:47 PM
I've just gone through the same thing sticky windows but on my accord. A new Regulator didn't work still had the same problem for me anyway. Got some WD40 3 in 1 silicone spray worked a treat. Super cheap and auto barn has it for around $10.

Heres a link:

http://www.wd40.com.au/3inone/silicone_spray.php

BennyH
10-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Hey where abouts did you spray it ? I got the silicone spray but not quite sure where to spray it.

amant02
10-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Ye an annoying problem, quick fix to them windows are get a dc2 power window motor, fits in perfectly. its stronger, em1 had weaker motors cos they were quiet, more luxurious. I would replace the rubber seals after a while, unless they keep on knocking window outa the tracks of the rollers.

craigosrepz
11-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Hey where abouts did you spray it ? I got the silicone spray but not quite sure where to spray it.

I took the door panel off and sprayed the plastic runners that the window slides up and down on. The rubbers get old and loose their lube that keeps the window sliding. Some spray that penetrates the rubber on the window would be the go. But anythings worth a try.