PDA

View Full Version : did a ecu test after exhaust change got 41 Primary oxygen sensor heater

ekvtir90
06-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Today I got my exhaust changed to a larger one as I was driving the engine light comes on! I reset the ecu and the light still was on so i did a ecu check and got a pause.

4 long blinks and one short blink 41 Primary oxygen sensor heater ? what could the exhaust shop possible could of done to tamper with that? also is it safe to drive short distances before i get this fixed or replaced? help would be muchly appreciated thank you.

bennjamin
06-04-2011, 08:59 PM
you need to either re tighten the o2 sensor itself ( loose in pipe) , or there is sealant on the o2 sensor , or the wiring clip on the o2 sensor isnt plugged in properly or at all. Ask the shop to fix it

ekvtir90
07-04-2011, 04:39 PM
The bastards didn't want to touch it even though they know there held responsible for doing something to it they just told me they can't touch it. Highly don't recommend this place there rip offs.

ekvtir90
07-04-2011, 04:41 PM
How can I reach it it looks like its real hard to reach?

Nuci
10-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Its got to do with your o2 sensor. Are you running a cat in your exhaust system? the exhaust shop may have damaged the sensor when they removed it as they are very fragile. Could also just not be plugged in properly. the other thing may be that now you have a larger exhaust, the amount of exhaust gas flow has increased, and the sensor is going wtf why is there so much more? Sensors are designed to work within a specified range, and by putting on a larger exhaust, the sensor will be taking readings that are different to what they would be using a stock exhaust system. Had this issue with my DC5R, but i was using a de-cat race header.

Short term it shouldnt do any damage. But your car may be a bit down on power as the air/fuel ratio will be out. probably not something id just ignore though. to reach it youll need to jack up the car and get underneath it. up the front near the cat (or where the cat usually is if youve removed it) there will be a plug with wires coming from it that screws into the exhaust pipe. hope that helps

ekvtir90
10-04-2011, 03:46 PM
ive just got a 2.25 piping done with a cannon muffler a hi flow res the cat is still stock in my vtir, they might of damaged it like you said I'm getting someone to take a look at it next week, as i've already check the cable that comes off the cat and it seems to be plugged into the cat.

Nuci
10-04-2011, 04:22 PM
if you know of someone with the same model car, could just swap theirs for yours to see if it goes away. if it does you know youve got a dodgy sensor. just dont go buying one just coz the exhaust shop tells you to. Coz theyre bloody expensive. not sure about the EK ones but o2 sensors for my DC5R went for 650. its a joke. Make sure hes 100% confident he knows thats the problem. hope that helps pal

ECU-MAN
11-04-2011, 09:23 AM
to get code 41 the sensor had to be damaged or disconnected.

if your lucky its simply unplugged or the connector not firmly connected.
if your unlucky they could have butchered it and damaged it causing code 41.

they could have even streched the wired causing one to pop out of the connector.

you need to have a good look at it. If its physicly damaged, go back to them and make them pay for a new one.

dlai5552
13-04-2011, 12:10 AM
yeah man. Most likely the Oxygen sensor blew. It's common in integras. My one has blown twice on my dc5r.