PDA

View Full Version : EK plastic painting

kyzz
07-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Hey, im new to the forums and just bought my 2000 EK civic cxi last night, pretty keen to start givin it some flavour.

my mates dad is a panel beater and he does car painting aswell, he quoted me about $400 for my mirrors, side skirt, door panel strip, handles and eyelids; just want to know what you guys think of the quoting price, and if anyone has had anything similar done let me know

here shee is
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2408/screenshot20110406at851.png

you can probably tell I want to get rid of all the black and make it all white.

waix
07-04-2011, 10:54 PM
You should do it yourself with spray cans, with enough prep it will turn out good. I think there's a DIY for it on here in the DIY section.

kyzz
07-04-2011, 11:17 PM
yeah i was considering that but then again i dont wanna get the colour coding wrong, could end up looking like sheeeet

charliebrown
07-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Imo black bits look hot! add on a black lip, black wing and visors :P

brandonek1
07-04-2011, 11:21 PM
look in your door jams. i can't remember if it's driver or passenger side, but you should be able to find your paint code.
that should help with colour coding

kyzz
07-04-2011, 11:41 PM
haha yeah not a fan of the black tbh, im going for a type r kinda feel :) got some 16x7s lined up within the next few weeks, just need to get some new tyres

this is kinda what i'm looking to finish up with

http://www.mongooseexhausts.com/vehicles/Civic%20ek.jpg

thanks brandon ill check that out tomorrow in sunlight

tsol0811
08-04-2011, 12:59 AM
that is a prefacelift type R, you would be looking for this facelift look

http://www.civicek9.com/albums/userpics/10001/6443_1.jpg

personally, i rkn you shouldnt put on eyelids.
Also, i recommend painting once you ave bought parts like lip or wing because they will also need some paint if you like the type r look.

kyzz
08-04-2011, 08:52 AM
yeh thats exactly what im going for, how much you rekon the front lip and type r wing would set me back? not too keen on spending too much

TheSaint
08-04-2011, 03:00 PM
i like both - but without the grill and lip-kit the color coded stuff will look a bit strange

also make sure you get it done properly - otherwise it will fade and look cheap/ricey

other than that - get a black front lip, than use Autoglym Bumper Care on all the black parts to bring the color right up =)

personally i would start on getting a front lip and wheels rather than wasting money on paint - the ek looks pretty sweet in stock form with some nice wheels/suspension and a lip/grill kit

kyzz
08-04-2011, 10:38 PM
yeah like i said my mates dad does resprays, he quoted me $400 for all the parts, what you mean it'll look strange though? i dont really want a front lip kit though because my driveway has a big dip, and my brother had a dropped civic with a type r lip which just got cracked to the shits from the road hahaha, but considering im not too keen on lowering it ill probably find a cheap one!

flipfire
08-04-2011, 10:51 PM
$400 is a bit expensive, neg him down to $250 and tell him you will strip down the parts yourself and he just paints it.

Front lip and rear lip costs like $100-150 each. EK9 (OEM) wing will cost you like $300-500. Plus more if painting is needed.

mugen_ctr
08-04-2011, 10:57 PM
good luck in taking off the door mouldings lol... thing is hard to get off, u pretty much gotta remove the whole plastic interior to get to them... id say jus mask it up an spray it, its cheaper an quicker...

Renaissance_x
09-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Black plastics make it look cheap.
It's just a cost cutting measure hence why the high end models are all white.

kyzz
09-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Black plastics make it look cheap.
It's just a cost cutting measure hence why the high end models are all white.

haha yeah thats why i want them gone, definitely not a fan of them, even if i dont get type r lips and wings id still prefer it be all white..