PDA

View Full Version : 2 Resonators?

MrPlow
30-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Just installed my custom exhaust setup, 2.25" mild steel mandrel bent, with a es muffler, hi flow cat and 4-2-1 headers... im currently running 1 resonator, but the think is - my car is just a tad louder then what im after, even with the es muffler, the note is perfect... just a tiny tiny bit louder then was i was hoping for...

question is will running 2 resonators or 2 hot dogs quite the system down abit? i might not be able to runn the resonators any more due to them being so big, i scrape in afew places... so the dude that did the setup said if you scrape we can replace it with a hot dog....

so will it be quiter with 2 hot dogs? will performance be lost?

wynode
30-01-2005, 02:48 PM
You should be able to put a smallish resonator just before the muffler above the rear lower control arm (I had one put in cause mine was too loud).

It will affect the tone of the exhaust too though.

Astro
31-01-2005, 08:02 AM
hope all went well Mr Plow.

u may think its louder now as its brand new...u never know u might get use to it mate?

MrPlow
31-01-2005, 09:31 AM
either way paul, i gotta change that reso, its huge...

hakan said he can put a hot dog on instead if it scrape...

it took me 20mins to get my car of the hoist cause the car is to low plus the new muffler...

Astro
31-01-2005, 09:49 AM
ok, no worries Stephen,

if u need anything done/changed, let me know and ill let hakan know and fix for ya.

ui notice any power gain?

MrPlow
31-01-2005, 10:09 AM
the is so smooth throughout the entire rev range, very easy to rev, much more free... mid to more top end power is where i feel the most gain...

dont know if i would be pulling your 94kw...

i pm ya for what i need to be fixed?

Astro
31-01-2005, 10:20 AM
pm replyed.