PDA

View Full Version : accord euro door window problem. doesn't wind up sometimes get stuck

MWAKU
08-04-2011, 02:49 PM
so if i press my button down for auto down, it goes all the way down... after a 20min drive, when i want to wind em back up, it gets stuck, only the driver side door, it takes me a couple tries to get it to wind up, i have to keep pressing or lifting the button/mucking with it to get it up. im not 100% sure what the problem is. usually to avoid this, wen i wind it down, ill quickly click it up again, so it doesn't get "stuck" or so..

this one time freaked me out, i was parking my car, and i was winding it up, but it would go 1 inch up, then go back down straight away, no idea why it kept doing this, and then the other half of the time it wouldn't respond at all. so i turned it off, and turned the car back on, and after a couple of fiddles i got it to wind up.

what is causing this problem? is it the mechanics or the button?

MR_LATE
08-04-2011, 06:56 PM
id say the mechanics, cus the button is just sending a signal to the receiver to say "wind window down" and then its when receiver tell comp to wind window down thats where the stuff up occurs,

P.S check with local honda?

marquee
08-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I had this happen to me I was lucky enough to get into a crash and said now for some reason my window wont go up.... They said they replaced the seels around the window and one was getting stuck or something.

WHat I did while it was playing up and prior to the accident was push the outside seel of the window so the one on the outside of the car out and it went up straight away the only thing i cn thing that caused it would be heat losening the seal and then while ur window is down driving it resets to the make it tougher to get up. I think it is a feature if the window gets stuck it goes back down to prevent injury such as an arm in the window

aaronng
09-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Check the channel around the window glass it might be bent/dirty/grabby and causes the window to jam.

tony1234
11-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Check the channel around the window glass it might be bent/dirty/grabby and causes the window to jam.

As above.Clean the channels and spray some silicone spray down both window channels.

MWAKU
11-04-2011, 02:06 PM
but it never happens if i remember, to flick up the switch when it goes down (like i click it down, n it always goes 'auto' down, but if i remember to flick the switch to wind it up for second, it will stop winding, and it wont ever get stuck)

so im assuming its the button now, but i dont know what will by the point pulling it apart, cause it doesn't seem loose or anything like that

so pretty much when i wind it down, it goes auto down, ALWAYS, and will get stuck down if i dont wind it up (well flick the switch up) for a sec

chuboy
11-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Try resetting the auto windows. Steps should be in your manual.