PDA

View Full Version : Camber adjustments on DC5R

Nuci
10-04-2011, 01:01 PM
Hey all,

Ive got front camber bolts and adjustable rear camber arms on my DC5R to go with my coilovers.

I was wondering if i dial in negative camber on the rear, should it be the same/more/less on the front in a FWD car? Bit new to this stuff and wanted to see what setup others use.

r3ckless
10-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Should be less in the rear. More up front.

Nuci
10-04-2011, 01:47 PM
ok cool thanks mate.

r3ckless
10-04-2011, 01:55 PM
I used to run -4.6 front and -3.5 rear. Now i;ve got a different setup and am yet to compelte an alignment.

Nuci
10-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Ill have to get an alignment done too. got camber on the rear just from lowering it, so wasnt sure what to set the front at. going to need to roll the front guards now...

r3ckless
10-04-2011, 09:02 PM
why, what width/offset wheels do u have?

45SET
11-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Huh? Roll the front guards? There is nothing to roll.

The only options you have are:
- Trim fender lining
- Remove fender lining
- Pumping the guards (Only if you are EXTREME!!!)

I wouldn't remove the fender lining as you'll flick rocks up into the guard and dent the guard from the inside.

You'll also run into a few issues with toe and caster the more camber you run... and you'll also need to look into fixing up the tie rods if you are lowering the car a far bit.

r3ckless
12-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Huh? Roll the front guards? There is nothing to roll.

The only options you have are:
- Trim fender lining
- Remove fender lining
- Pumping the guards (Only if you are EXTREME!!!)

I wouldn't remove the fender lining as you'll flick rocks up into the guard and dent the guard from the inside.

You'll also run into a few issues with toe and caster the more camber you run... and you'll also need to look into fixing up the tie rods if you are lowering the car a far bit.

Robbi knows his shit! I've cut my fender... I only cut the top part of it, and angle grinded off the fender tabs. With my new coilovers, i've had to get shorter tie rods also!