PDA

View Full Version : How to install stock sway bar/strut bar?

VtecKickedInYo
10-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey i just bought a civic coupe EJ8 and it came with the stock sway bar and strut bar.But when i have a look how to install it, it doesnt fit?? anyone knows how to get it done? thanks

mugen_ctr
10-04-2011, 07:51 PM
stock rear swaybar? easy as man lol, its direct bolt on, i did it on mine... 2 bolts each side, for the swaybar mounting bracket, than another 2 for the actual sway bar brackets, make sure u use high tensile bolts, as u find that if u dont, the bolts will strip of there threads an worse comes to worse the sway bar will be dangling there cause the bolts sheered off...

Strut bar is more of a pain, as theres a hard line in the way, u need to unbolt the brackets holding it in place an move it else were to bolt on the strut brace

VtecKickedInYo
13-04-2011, 02:11 PM
hmmmm i'll take pics soon...so its more easier to understand lol..will upload it soon

vinnY
21-04-2011, 12:58 PM
if you're talking about the rear sway bar, you might be missing the brackets which the d-links bolt into

Mikecivic78
21-04-2011, 09:35 PM
front or rear sway bar? Pls be more specific.

I used to own an ej8, they came with stock front sway bar and no rear sway bar and no front strut brace.

mugen_ctr
22-04-2011, 08:26 PM
front or rear sway bar? Pls be more specific.

I used to own an ej8, they came with stock front sway bar and no rear sway bar and no front strut brace.

i dont believe any low range honda came with strut brace, not even em1! and type r brace doesnt count as strut brace as well ;P

For front if upgrading to Ek4/Em1 26mm, u need to replace LCA, suspension forks, endlinks, bushes and brackets, but other wise, good investment

VtecKickedInYo
29-04-2011, 12:03 AM
front sway bar