PDA

View Full Version : a few random questions regarding a cl9. CAI/SUB/LOWERING/OIL BURNING etc

kural7
10-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Hey guys start off by saying i have a 2005 accord euro.

SOUND: After searching i can't come to the conclusion on the best way to face the sub.? i have a 12 inch ported box. best to place towards rear seat or boot lid? also when my amp (4 chanel soundstream ) first starts up it feels like its a little loud and the fan is over working. is that normal? after a few seconds it cools down a touch but still hearable. anyone know how to take the rear brake light case off? it seems to rattle a shit load. also are capacitors any good to extend battery life? im sick of having to have my car on in order for it not to kill my battery.

CAI : i have a pod filter replacing stock filter. i was just wondering if it's helpful to remove the stock resonator (pro's vs con's). the K&N website advices to take it off when installing there product but does it really help with anything ( colder air directer to pody?)

Lowering : Anyone know of specials on coilovers for this car?

miscellaneous: 1,my car burns oil are those oil thickening products any good? The guy at Honda told me it should help thicken the oil hence causing less oil to burn? any ideas?

2. also since my car burns oil my rear exhuast tips have turned black. i washed them with turpentine and degreaser came out a bit cleaner but any other ideas on how to really give it a polished look

3.i have now installed my second pair of parkers on my car. both purchased from auto one so i doubt there that bad in quality. 6 bux a pair of white parkers. after about 2-3 weeks of installation one of them start to blink. then the other blinks and the other cuts out vice versa. any suggestions as to why this could happen? too much current not enough current? etc.

Thank you to any1 who can help with anything in advance. cheers.

Fredoops
10-04-2011, 08:21 PM
I can answer a few of those questions.

CAI : i have a pod filter replacing stock filter. i was just wondering if it's helpful to remove the stock resonator (pro's vs con's). the K&N website advices to take it off when installing there product but does it really help with anything ( colder air directer to pody?)
you can, but for the effort you put in you might as well get a proper CAI.

miscellaneous: 1,my car burns oil are those oil thickening products any good? The guy at Honda told me it should help thicken the oil hence causing less oil to burn? any ideas?
try to findout whats causing the oil burning, thicker oil is not good for this car.

2. also since my car burns oil my rear exhuast tips have turned black. i washed them with turpentine and degreaser came out a bit cleaner but any other ideas on how to really give it a polished look try a metal polisher from supercheap or something

kural7
10-04-2011, 08:29 PM
thanks i was advised to get copper sponge for the tips, for the cold air intake im planning on getting a proper one just can't dish out 300-400 bux atm would rather save up for coil-overs 1000 off ebay. n how exactly can i find out what causes the oil burning?

white_ep3_civic
10-04-2011, 09:44 PM
If you get a proper CAI it will replace the whole stock air intake. The amp fan being loud when 1st turning on is normal and it is probably just a loud amp. Try a few different brands of parkers and see how long they last.

asbedb
10-04-2011, 10:05 PM
WD-40 might help with the chrome tips as well.

also this forum helps alot with most FAQ's

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?10844

kural7
11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
hey ye i've been through that forum countless times now but i can never find a pin point answer. as for the cai my main concern is that the resonator plays an important roll with current system i've got. im not sure if i remove it what will happen? what exactly is the resonators duty? i have googled that aswell and can't find an exact answer just a box that resonates?

dirlok
11-04-2011, 12:57 PM
from my understanding, the resonator is only there to reduce intake noise.

Removing it will increse the intake sound, most say this will improve the sound. If you use metal piping rather than plastic, it will have a great deep sound.

redefine
11-04-2011, 01:17 PM
oil thickening products are only ever a stop-gap temp fix untill you can find out what the actual problems are. if you use them alot they can start to cause other problems/lead to increased wear if you thrash it.

also, the sub, it shouldnt matter what direction you face it, bass is fairly omnidirectional (with hearing and emitting) though i have mine aimed toward the backseat.

the capacitors dont add capacity to your battery, what they are is a small extra store of energy so the charging systems can handle any spikes in power. though you can try and see.

also you sure the rattle is coming from the taillight?? usually it comes from the numberplate mounts or the interior trim. if its numberplate just cut up an old mousepad and put it behind the numberplate. works a treat :)

kural7
11-04-2011, 06:33 PM
ye the actual outter trim of the rear brake light rattles along with the back window. will have to wedge something b/w it. as for the resanotor i will remove it either tonight or 2moro night wish me luck. seems like a bit of a hassle. hope it produces deeper noise not that it already isn't sexc enough :P. with the injen and k&n complete cai kits can you hear the change in v-tec kicking in? or is it still the same rev sound?

Fredoops
11-04-2011, 07:02 PM
from my understanding, the resonator is only there to reduce intake noise.

Removing it will increse the intake sound, most say this will improve the sound. If you use metal piping rather than plastic, it will have a great deep sound.
I remember resonators also function as an air stacker (like a velocity stack) of sorts and also to keep water out.

redefine
12-04-2011, 01:38 PM
I remember resonators also function as an air stacker (like a velocity stack) of sorts and also to keep water out.

intake resonators only cut sound, they do nothing about water or air stacking. what your thinking about is tuned intake (or exhaust) runners which use resonance to force a higher preassure charge into the cylinder. i personally love the sound without a resonator.

kural7
12-04-2011, 04:31 PM
guys just an update i took the resanotor off and it was a ball breaker of a job to do on your own. took about an hour. as for the sound difference nothing noticeable to me. still sounds the same loudness but a bit better response as the pod filter has more air to breath now. now that that's done chasing up the piping so i can run it direct from the engine. any ideas? suggestions?