PDA

View Full Version : Set up for daily dc2 vtir

mintmintchoc
11-04-2011, 03:07 AM
Hey guys,
Currently driving a 95 dc2 Vtir, everything is pretty much stock except for exhaust.
The shocks are wearing out; squeeks alot when going over bumps etc. I'm not very knowledgeable regarding suspensions and stuff, so i figured i'd ask some people with experience;you.

I would like to ask what shocks are recommended for daily driving, and while i'm at it, i would like to lower my car as well, as it is currently stock height. So, what springs can i also get?

What would be the most bang for buck set up?

Thanks in advance.

steeeven
11-04-2011, 10:05 AM
i had kings springs with kyb shocks when i had my teg it was pretty comfy and everything i liked it. But have you looked into koni yellows or something similar? It's damper adjustable so it would be great for a daily.

dougie_504
11-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Do you want stiff or comfortable? And what is your budget?

mintmintchoc
11-04-2011, 01:41 PM
looking for comfortable. and budget is around 500-600?

vtecing
11-04-2011, 03:32 PM
king spring an kyb shocks are actually a really good combo for street use

I had this set up on my eg5 and i also had asr + rsb and few other braces and it handled really well actually. Very comfortable.

integragsi96
11-04-2011, 04:03 PM
king spring an kyb shocks are actually a really good combo for street use

I had this set up on my eg5 and i also had asr + rsb and few other braces and it handled really well actually. Very comfortable.

agreed! i had king springs with kyb excel-g's...they are comfy but an alright upgrade.
then i moved onto stiffer spings with the same shocks

dougie_504
11-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I have also used KYB 'Gearclimb' shocks with King Springs. Handled well but wasn't quite what I would call 'comfortable' more of a good middle point between the two.

vtecing
11-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Just about nothing is as comfortable as stock susspension, but thats why you upgtade, u need to make a compromise

mugen_ctr
11-04-2011, 09:21 PM
You can make a comfy ride with handling, its all about setting up the springs an dampers to suit ur needs... Getting the correct spring rates with dampers/damper rates makes a world of differences...

Kings have a relative soft spring rate, so that's the obvious choice, now its down to selecting the right damper for the job... adjustable ones is a big bonus, as ppl said, kyb, koni's etc etc... make sure u choose wisely lol..

mintmintchoc
12-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks for input guys. I will check out prices for KYB + King springs set up. Also, just wondering whether i just need normal king springs, or do i need super low ones? I was reading some other thread, and a guy who had a vtir said he put super lows in the rear and normal ones in the front. Is that necessary?

Vvvtec
12-04-2011, 03:05 PM
I've got a set of Buddy Club N+ that i'm about to put in my DC2...

I'll let you know how it feels for DD.

MRK20CRX
13-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Thanks for input guys. I will check out prices for KYB + King springs set up. Also, just wondering whether i just need normal king springs, or do i need super low ones? I was reading some other thread, and a guy who had a vtir said he put super lows in the rear and normal ones in the front. Is that necessary?

Yep, super lows for rear, and lows for the front, putting super lows on the front will be too low due to the weight of the engine/gearbox etc.

quangsuke
13-04-2011, 01:29 PM
If u want to try something different
KYB shocks are good but also look into Koni reds with lovells super lows they run perfect. Ihad this on my old setup. Wuld definitely go back to it :)

mintmintchoc
13-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Hmm, thanks everyone.

Well if anyone knows anyone selling KYB Excel-G's and or Kings, feel free to point them my way.

cheers

Mikecivic78
20-04-2011, 11:47 AM
I've got a set of Buddy Club N+ that i'm about to put in my DC2...

I'll let you know how it feels for DD.

Still haven't put them in?

I did my EM1 just on Monday.

I've got some time off soon so let me know if u need help with install. Don't pay a workshop to do it, not worth it.