PDA

View Full Version : No VTEC + CEL, and YES i have oil..

VeYzZii
11-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Hey guys. Im on a suspended license so i havent driven the car for about a week. Prior to that i installed a AFC NEO. Everything is working on it, and i took the car for a drive after that and it was fine. When i took it out today, after about 20 mins of warming up, doing the usual things. The car hit vtec fine once or twice, and then on my way back home i tried to give it a squirt in 2nd and at about 6000, the car sort of hit a redline, like a very soft valve bounce. At this time i had a look at the dash and realised my CEL was on. I took off in first and tried giving it a squirt again, but still cutout. When i came home i tried revving it past 6, it still cut out. The last thing i remember doing to the car was adding oil, and when i checked it now when motor was warm, it was on high, maybe a tad over. I do plan on doing the short circuit thing to get a code for CEL later tonight. Does anybody know what the shits going on..?

VeYzZii
11-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Short circuited the scs and got this: VTEC SOLENOID VALVE...
Suggestions..?

AusS2000
11-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah, don't drive on a suspended license!

AusS2000
11-04-2011, 05:15 PM
That said, check your NEO wiring. You have to intercept the VTEC signal to install so I bet it isn't installed correctly.

VeYzZii
11-04-2011, 05:34 PM
That said, check your NEO wiring. You have to intercept the VTEC signal to install so I bet it isn't installed correctly.

Wouldnt that cause problems from day 1..?

AusS2000
11-04-2011, 06:02 PM
How did you wire it? If you soldered it should have been apparent from day one. If you used the more ricer method of twisting and chewing gum, who knows. ;)

VeYzZii
11-04-2011, 06:05 PM
LOL. No most are soldered. The intercepted ones are tied and pressed together using electrician connectors. I checked them anyhow, and they are all tight tied up and in other as per Apexi website and wiring diagram..

AusS2000
11-04-2011, 06:08 PM
I bet if you disconnect the VTEC intercept from the NEO and and reconnect it as factory your problem will go away.

VeYzZii
11-04-2011, 06:13 PM
:O Smart.. Ill give it a go. Wont be a problem thanks to my witty electrician connectors.. :cool:

VeYzZii
11-04-2011, 07:53 PM
:O Smart.. Ill give it a go. Wont be a problem thanks to my witty electrician connectors.. :cool:

Ok so i done that, and revved it and it seemed fine. When i done the SCS and it still come up. But when the car was on and i was revving it was off..
I guess i shall test it tomorrow and see if that was the prob, and if it was the prob, why was it a prob.. :S :L

AusS2000
12-04-2011, 08:49 AM
The CEL won't go away until you reset your ECU.