PDA

View Full Version : EG Sedan problem!!!

[s]upa_[s]aiyan
09-12-2003, 06:44 PM
the 2 back doors, if i don't open them for like a day, the next time i try to open them they're like stuck to the car and u really gotta yank the bitches to open them!?...neone had this problem b4 and any suggestions of how to fix it?!?!?!

MTX BOY
09-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Never had the problem bro but u might wanna check ur seals,hinges etc. they may need oiling/lube :D let us know how u go.

dcii_sir
09-12-2003, 07:38 PM
hi dude.. i am having exactly the same problem as you.. if i dont open it for like a day or 2.. the next time round.. i have to really pull hard.. i got used to it now since i dont really use by back doors much.. just try pushing the doors from inside.. less stress on the handles.. but yeah.. if u find a solution.. let me know..
btw.. its not with the lubes.. the actual rubber is like sticking to each other..

Dr4g0n
09-12-2003, 08:57 PM
get new seals from honda or a place that makes car seals then? they can't be that old can they? mine a perfect still and don't stick or anything...i can open em with my lil finger... :)
hot4s used to have an advertisement from a company that made car seals...look in the older issues

vti-2
10-12-2003, 06:55 AM
Do the original seals have a felt lining on them? Maybe that wore out and now the rubber is getting stuck to the door seal...?

A'PEXi
10-12-2003, 11:00 AM
the rear doors on mine are stiffer, but you dont need to yank them hahah :D im just thinking coz they dont get opened often... might wanna grease them up or somethin

revolution
11-12-2003, 06:31 PM
the rear doors on mine are stiffer, but you dont need to yank them hahah :D im just thinking coz they dont get opened often... might wanna grease them up or somethin

same...my rear doors are stiffer than the front, but that's cause I rarely open them and it is not like I have to yank at it to open...But try getting new seals and lub the hinges...

civiceg9
25-12-2003, 10:34 AM
Just use some Armour All on the rubber seals and you should be fine. 8)

OLM-02R
25-12-2003, 11:03 AM
I reckon it does this coz of the heat...it kinda melts the rubber abit then it gets stuck to the frame of the body....if u dont open em for couple of days or sumfin....

wynode
25-12-2003, 07:30 PM
Sounds like its the ruber gettin stuck........mine does that from time to time.

You actually open your rear doors? hehehe

OLM-02R
26-12-2003, 03:27 AM
dont have one hehehehhehehehe