PDA

View Full Version : EK door lock problem!

luzinit
09-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Hey guys! I have this VERY annoying problem wiht my door lock

it goes like this.. say my doors are locked.. then before i exit the car, i try open from the door handle whilst the lock is still locked.. then later if i try to unlock it from the inside, it kinda gets stuck.. so i have to wind down the windows to open it from the outside to unstuck the lock..

anyone have this same problem?? also when central locking, and the passenger tries to open his lock, it kinda gets fuked up..

anyone else got the same problem??

mo
09-12-2003, 08:40 PM
nah tony, it's just your car :P

siemen3
10-12-2003, 12:17 AM
same as my car.. :x :x :x
not all the time tho...

dcii_sir
10-12-2003, 01:47 AM
haha.. i have this problem sometimes as well.. i had a problem with the rubber seals and now this too.. but its on my eg..

i do notice when the passenger door is locked.. and when they open it themselves.. they cant open the doors at all.. i have to unlock,lock and unlock again before they can open the doors.. it happend to my rear passenger doors as well

vince
10-12-2003, 10:25 AM
Don't try to pull the handle when the door is locked. I'm not sure if my central locking is the same for you guys but in my civic when i start the car the doors lock for me automatically after about 5 secs. When i turn off the engine it unlocks it and i noticed if the passenger tries to open the door before it unlocks it stuffs up. Just make sure it is unlocked before you try to open the door.

ICVCI
10-12-2003, 10:41 AM
is it an aftermarket alarm? most probably its the solinoid... try to wiggle the drive door lock... if not go see person who installed it.

A'PEXi
10-12-2003, 10:59 AM
i've had a small problem with the alarm's central locking where the solinoid was disconnected i think.... with the standard central locking - never had a problem.

luzinit
10-12-2003, 06:46 PM
mmm
yeh i had the problem before gettin my alarm installed, so i have no idea..
ur right tho.. have to open the doors only when locks opened, otherwise get stuck.. hahah

if someone fixed the problem let me know!! its just one of those small annoyin things..