PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade alarm

dingdong
14-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Am collecting a new Civic LE on Saturday and, surprisingly, it has no alarm. Dealer tried to sell me an upgrade alarm for $700 and claimed the warranty would be voided if I got anybody else to install an alarm. At $700, they are making a substantial whack which I'm not willing to pay.

Can anybody recommend an alarm installer in Melbourne bayside area who will do a good job at a reasonable price (i.e. around $200)?

Thanks in advance.

Symphorced
14-04-2011, 04:36 PM
So you want a good alarm plus installation for $200?

IMO, for a good alarm and to have it installed, $700 is a reasonable price.

DC2-PWR
14-04-2011, 04:48 PM
My mate did a mongoose alarm + fitted for $300. Has features like immobolizer, woop woop siron, remote thingy.

I have the same system too but mine came with the car.

dougie_504
14-04-2011, 05:43 PM
My friend had his Viper installed for $1200. Remote central locking, remote engine start, power window control, holiday mode, adjustable sensitivity with 6 sensors.

Honest to god if you want an alarm for security get a good quality one. Pay the money. Don't get remotes with little screens - you will need to replace the battery almost every month. No screen (just bottons) maybe every few years. Remote start is illegal but you can start your car before you get to it and let the engine warm up a bit. Holiday mode starts your car daily and turns it off, all by itself, so the battery doesn't go flat. Winds the windows up for you in case you forgot.

Also, good alarm systems like Viper have an anti-hijack mechanism that locks your doors when you start the car, to prevent people opening your door and pulling you out.

If you car about the car, pay for a good alarm.