PDA

View Full Version : Hard to shift into gear

Dc_II
15-04-2011, 09:28 AM
So, I got everything I needed to do, done... its a 99 EM1

Input Shaft bearing, new clutch - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?147614-Input-Shaft-Bearing-Werewolf-in-my-gearbox

Get in my car, friction point is like 1cm from the wall, kinda normal for a HD clutch I was thinking...
Awesome grab (exedy HD)... no more noises, I am happy...

But I started to notice, that it was getting very hard to get it into all gears...
firstly
1- I need to have the clutch ALL THE WAY to the wall... mm's out and it will crunch gears
2- I'd have to actually Push/Pull into gear...

Its never crunched in its life...
Clutch was replaced, so was gearbox fluids... the synchros were fine...

1- Transmission fluid is fine... its new
2- Clutch fluid is fine...

So could it be something needs to be lubed up? bushing/linkage? Since the gearbox was removed and possibly sprayed down when doing the input shaft bearing?

Can I adjust the friction point, so it engages gear a little higher? I seen alot of people say "adjust the clutch pedal" but wouldnt that just bring the pedal down closer but not bring the friction point higher? its puzzling.

I can still drive the car fine... I just need to pay more attention to it instead of just comfortably driving it, relaxed n shiet.

jeremydawg
15-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Its a brand new clutch so its going to be very touchy. Ever driven with a worn clutch? youll notice the friction point is up higher than usual. With a new clutch is going to need to be driven in so after a while it will be less sensitive and friction point will be a little higher. Also its a HD clutch so its gonna feel different than usual.

Dc_II
15-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah the clutch was worn before it went in... Im not entirely worried about the clutch, its new and needs to be bedded in... im fine with that

My main concern is that its not going into gear easily... like it gets stuck.

1-2, 2-3, 3-4.. I almost have to possess the power of Zeus to change gears...

waix
15-04-2011, 10:23 AM
yehh i got this problem in my civic, changing gears is very hard and feels sticky and when gear box heats up i cant get it into reverse lol. but i bought the car like this, would like some help to

kyzz
15-04-2011, 10:37 AM
i can think of a simple solution.. SMASH MORE WEIGHTS!

Dc_II
15-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Waix, same same same... but my reverse is fine!
When its cold, its like it never happened!

Smashing weights? 3 times a week!!! I dont want to resort to double dosing on superpump 250... might get a heart attack on the road! lol

EK1 Civic
15-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Get some 98 octane and shift like a mad men. You will be stronger then zeus himself xD.

jeremydawg
15-04-2011, 12:29 PM
maybe try double clutching for a while and shift at 3grand everywhere. Take it real easy cause if something is wrong the more you do it the worse it can get. If i were you id go to whoever put your clutch in etc and ask them

Dc_II
15-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah I can double clutch, but I doubt that will work...
Ill give them a call and ask... they are such reputable honda mechanics but talking to them drives me up the wall... =S

waix
15-04-2011, 01:41 PM
i can think of a simple solution.. SMASH MORE WEIGHTS!

lol yehh if only i jacked off with my left hand wouldnt be a problem

Bludger
15-04-2011, 01:45 PM
adjust the pedal?