PDA

View Full Version : Spider nest on tailgate of car.

TypeRice
15-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Howdy,

I have just got my car back from da peeps putting in a front bar and rear bar on my car for me, and they said they noticed a redback spider on my tailgate and killed it for me. They also said there was a nest, but they did not remove the nest, instead they sprayed it with insect spray.

Do you guys think that the nest would still be active? I am taking the precaution and assuming that the nest is still active, what is the best way to rid the spider nest?

I am asking whether i should take my rear bar off to get access to my tailgate and just yank the nest off, or should i just leave everything on and just spray my car with insect sprays?

duzy
15-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Better to take rear bar off and clean it all off.

Lukey
15-04-2011, 06:11 PM
if ur cars in a garage could you set off one of those mortein bombs underneath the rear bar?

trism
15-04-2011, 06:19 PM
yeah, do what lukey said

davidvtec
15-04-2011, 07:20 PM
If not in garage, its not hard to take off the rear bar anyway, spray the shit out of it

TypeRice
15-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Arghhh i don't have a garage unfortunately..

The thing is i'm not confident in taking the rear bar off.. as it's aftermarket and probably needed some work to be put on.... my front bar for eg. i have paint scratched off my fenders from the workshop putting the front bar on. So it seems like hard work to get those bars on !!

Im thinking of just calling the pest control guy who does pest control in my house to spray the bottom of the car.. you guys recon that would work?

flipfire
15-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Cover your car in tarp and yell out Fire in the hole!

SuperJDM.
15-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Hahahahah fire in the hole!

Lukey
15-04-2011, 09:59 PM
leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroy!

GIPONU
15-04-2011, 11:08 PM
if there are spiders in the egg of a nest i dont think they are affected by the chemical sprayed on it... not sure though~

Stoogey
16-04-2011, 05:52 AM
I have tried those mortein pest control bombs before, effective on roaches, silverfish and small spiders etc but many tougher spiders it wont do.

Probably best thing to do is remove the rear bar and use a proper spider control spray directly on the area.

But then again spiders are the work of the devil. Burn the car.

V8KLLR
16-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Just for your piece of mind, a red back cannot kill an adult only small children. If you do get bitten it will hurt like hell the best thing you can do its get an ice pack on it. Invest in alot of mortein

trism
16-04-2011, 11:38 AM
I had a huntsman in my car. Came out from behind the sunvisor infront of my face.

Made me crash into a truck.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

hussLEr
16-04-2011, 12:06 PM
I had a huntsman in my car. Came out from behind the sunvisor infront of my face.

Made me crash into a truck.

F*CK! that's tense shit man!..have a had a few huntsman experiences in my car..that's why I carry a can of Baygon in passenger footwell!

dougie_504
16-04-2011, 12:20 PM
V8KLLR is right, they're not dangerous to adults. The ones to be afraid of are the white-tails and funnel-webs.

I've also had at least 3 huntsman experiences. Once I heard this tiny little 'tap' to my right, and when I turned I saw that a huntsman had walked in through my driver's window. I yelped like a girl...can't even remember what I did about it. Maybe I've blocked it out of my memory from pure terror but my GF sure remembers me yelping lols. Also noticed one on the inside of the windscreen one night after havign fun in the car with GF. I was really chill about it that time though haha. Funny since huntsman spiders are a good thing.

OP: In hindsight, if you can catch a good sized huntsman spider just let it loose on the inside of your rear bumper. It will kill and eat all the redbacks, no worries!

DA9-47
16-04-2011, 12:21 PM
But then again spiders are the work of the devil. Burn the car.

BWAHAHAHa lolz , I hate spiders they are evil evil monsters

DA9-47
16-04-2011, 12:32 PM
your right they won't kill you, allthough the Female redback spider bite is highly Poisonous, bite makes you feel really really sick, if a redback bites you , local hospitals stock anit venom ,

Burning the rear bar would be a cheaper idea than burning car lolz

dougie_504
16-04-2011, 12:47 PM
^ That means taking it off. May as well spray it in that case. Our biggest problem here is that the OP doesn't know how to remove it.

For all we know the spiders might already have died after being sprayed by the panel dudes...

vtecing
16-04-2011, 12:58 PM
try using a gurnie and spray up under there

dougie_504
16-04-2011, 01:23 PM
If you park it outside all the time wouldn't they die from the cold? Otherwise I'd just spray lots of insect killler up there, or some water. Hell even some cigarette smoke might do the job, god knows how many little moths I've killed blowing my smoke on them...

act_gooner
16-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Take off the rear bar, spray the shit out of it and then high pressure hose lol. I'm worried because i found a Wolfspider in the boot of my car, scared the shit out of me and it was running away so I had no time to go inside and get insect spray so I had to pick up a stick and flick it onto the road lol. There I watched it get run over so all was good. I just hope there aren't more in my car somewhere because we seem to have heaps of WolfSpiders in our front garden and they can give a very painful bite apparently.

trism
16-04-2011, 02:03 PM
For the 10th time, he can't take it off