PDA

View Full Version : My Tail Shaft

Zeedy
15-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Hi guys,
I have been working on my s2k since I purchased it last year. I had a major vibration issue when accelerating in 3rd-6th gears. I have replaced all the bearings, put new driveshafts, Kaaz 1.5 LSD, clutch and clutch master cylinder which has reduced the vibration by approx 80%. However I had my tail shaft re balance, but there is still play in the tail shaft (time to get a new one). I was wondering if anyone had this problem before and what tail shaft I could purchase with my LSD.
Thank for reading guys and really appreciate the help

Imran

zhong
19-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Did you try replacing your Inner CV cups? You can swap them from left-right if you haven't done so already.

I'd check:

- Engine Mounts
- Diff Mounts
- Tranny Mounts

after that too.

Peace.

Couges
26-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Make sure the driveshafts are new or rebuilt but I have put back into cars when the inboard CVs are worn which cause vibration on acceleration and they didn't bother to replace them. It took me hours of checking other parts to figure it out that they didn't even bother to replace the inners. They just did the normal practice of rebuilding the outers. So like zhong said try firstly to swap the inners from left to right and problem solved, well at least till the case hardening on that side starts to wear.
If it does stop the vibration then send them back to where they came and demand for them to replace the inners.
There are places out there which can get the inners pretty cheap or if you want unbrakable ones made out of billet for around $900 per side.