PDA

View Full Version : Best and most suited Coilovers bb6

projectd
16-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Hey i was looking into getting a coil-over suspension kit for my lude , any recommendations on what brand is well suited for a bb6 and also in pricing range as well. I dont need it to be for a full track or anything just something average or above average. I was looking into a Tanabe SUSTEC PRO GF Kit or a Tein SS-P Super Street . But if you guys know any better or other brands that are good please post thanks. :)

furorsekka
16-04-2011, 01:49 PM
i've heard good things about the ksport coils for our cars, however their stock rates might be unsuitable for daily roads (12kg/6kg), even though our cars are quite front heavy. i heard Ground Control sets are good cause u can order custom spring rates, which are produced by eibach i believe, correct me if i'm wrong.

Also if your only looking for something above average ( assuming average is stock), i suggest looking into a springs/shocks set up instead, you'll still see a lot of difference but the ride won't be too harsh on daily roads.

Jarik
23-05-2011, 08:20 PM
There are B.C. BR coilovers (http://www.bcracing-na.com/downloads/BC_RACING_APPLICATION_LIST.pdf) available for the BB6 I believe. Many will attest that they're excellent coils for the price - around $1250USD according to that link above.

KSport I've heard good and bad things about. I think, a lot of the bad stories were from a while ago, and they've come some way since then...but I've never heard of any issues over the B.C. BR Coilovers (though, I vaguely remember seeing a post on EvolutionOz about an issue with their pillowball mounts).

Heard lots of good things about Ground Control Coilover sleaves (http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=525/CA=60), which allow you height adjustability, despite being a spring+shock setup. In fact, when I had a BB4, I was planning to go for this setup. Eibach are a pretty reliable company.

Depends on how much you want to spend and how hard you want the car I guess.

Luder88
26-05-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm selling my BB6 Coilovers on Prelude Australia if you're interested. I have to find a set of stock suspension so I can sell them.
They're the Tein Super Street Coilovers. PM if you want more information mate.

Cartoon
31-05-2011, 09:59 PM
best ones i found for the lude was sustec pro by tanabe