PDA

View Full Version : prelude shaking problem

VTECANDY
17-04-2011, 02:21 AM
hey guys

i got a jdm bb1 prelude full jap import with the h22a, ive had a problem for some while with the dash and front end shaking. atm, i got a strut bar, dont know whether its faulty or need to be tightened, but when i plant it, the dash shakes and looks like its gonna come into my lap, checked all the bolts, all tight for that, and I was told that the spacers on the front wheel were causing it, but today,i grinded down the calipers and removed the spacers, its not as bad, but the problem is still there, esp between 80-100. wheels are balanced and all tight. when i did my springs, i discovered i had no bump stops within the struts, and everytime i hit a decent bump in the road, it feels like i hit a brick wall. Could this be the problem? any one else have the same problem or can offer some advice? all bushes are fine as well, please let me know, will buy u a slab if u can offer me a solution and fixes it cause im that desperate.

cheers

V73C
17-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Wheels aren't buckled ? Why were the spacers there in the first place ? rims didnt clear the calipers ?

trism
17-04-2011, 09:53 AM
You say when you plant it. You mean when you spin the wheels?

That's a common problem with front wheel drives

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

jeremydawg
17-04-2011, 02:28 PM
could be an engine mount. Check them, make sure theyre not cracked or look in really bad shape. Does it happen when you take off or just all the time?

VTECANDY
17-04-2011, 08:42 PM
V73C- the wheels are fine mate, and yeah the reason i had the spacers was because the rims i got (black racing watanabe replicas) would rub against the caliper and not sit on the hub properly, hence why i grinded the calipers back about 4mm to get rid of the spacers.

trism- when i plant it, i mean accelerate fully, mainly happens around the 60-100 markk, once its around 130 onwards to 180, its fine.

jeremydawg- i replaced the front engine mount not to long agoo, but im leaning towards that, or someone told me it could be the harmonic balancer but wouldnt that mean my engine isnt balanced properly? :S confusionsss

trism
17-04-2011, 09:49 PM
If it was harmonic balancer it'd happen at certain revs all the time

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

VTECANDY
17-04-2011, 10:57 PM
then its not that, so what else should i check?

mao
17-04-2011, 11:04 PM
did you check your engine management system? Did you check your AFR mixtures during the run. I would suggest putting your car on a dyno to find out he problem. Also auto or man? A clogged up dirty gearbox can shudder. My 2c worth.

VTECANDY
17-04-2011, 11:29 PM
its unfortunately an auto, but it still redlines and chirps between gears :) i got a new one put in about a year ago. but this is been a problem before that. im getting a vafc put it and dyno'd as well, ever since i put a walbro fuel pump its been drinking and running rich, can really feel it struggle esp top end. anyone know cheap and good dyno places in melbourne besides from C n d who quoted me 160 an hour? also, could an inbalance in the AFR cause the shaking to occur? i thought it'd be something to do with having no bump stops in the struts...

mao
18-04-2011, 02:03 AM
1) did you do a auto-transmission flush, would recommend that first.

2) Put the V-AFC setting to zero on the low n hi throttle in the setting section. If they leaned it out too much, might cause a knocking in the engine. Also chk the ETC section that you have IN 7 & OUT 7.

3) Also, chk your spark plugs. Use denso IK20 if you don't know how to gap the plugs.

Wish I was there to sort the prob out. clear cut dude

VTECANDY
18-04-2011, 11:45 PM
I havent installed the vafc in as of yet. ive got ngk iridium spark plugs running with vision 10mm leads, that wouldnt make the dash shake, im thinking its something to do with the 4WS system or something, the light comes on when u turn off the car and start it up on certain surfaces or if u start it before an hour or so. if u start it up after a while, the lights off. does anyone know anything about that?