PDA

View Full Version : My poor broom ...

lor012
19-04-2011, 07:06 PM
So i just thought i'd share with you some pics of my accident from last night... in hope that someone will feel my pain lol.. im waiting for it to be assessed by my insurance..

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u93/lor012/IMAG0143.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u93/lor012/IMAG0135.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u93/lor012/IMAG0134.jpg

charliebrown
19-04-2011, 07:08 PM
What happened bro? Looks like the usual not being able to break in time due to leaving an insufficient following gap in the rain...

SuperJDM.
19-04-2011, 07:09 PM
analed bad

lor012
19-04-2011, 07:15 PM
the other car had already skidded off around 5 - 10 minutes before... it was a two lane road and i couldnt change lanes as there was too much traffic... so i was forced to stop, at this point there was no car behind me.
i had stopped with 20+ metres infront of the ute... "apparently" the guy from behind was distractedwhen someone going in the other direction flashed their lights to warn him of the accident.. by the time he saw me he had barely anytime to brake..
i was stopped he was going around 70kms...

charliebrown
19-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Fahkk at least you're alright man, could have got some badass whiplash or some shit.

azn_k3nt
19-04-2011, 07:42 PM
ah shit =/

5 parts are damaged with a good 2-3 parts need replacing...ah shit =/ doesnt look 2 good, my good bet its a repairable write off

DLO01
19-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Bad luck mate. Glad you and others are ok.

snYpz
19-04-2011, 08:19 PM
Good thing nobody was injured. It would probably be a write-off from the damage.
BTW, is that J's exhaust I see?

albii
19-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Don't think they'll write that off..

praja6
19-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Sorry mate about the accident.. By the look like it going to be repairable write off..

Fredoops
19-04-2011, 10:14 PM
It's a 8-10 grand repair, if the airbags went off then it'll likely to be a repairable writeoff. If not then itll mostlikely to be repairable.

Depend on the insured value of the car.

Ps: does your insurance company knows about the mods/rims? I'f not you might want to get them back(as in replace them back with OEM) before they write-off the car.

opilot87
19-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Ouch, that doesn't look good at all. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a write off with that c pillar buckling. Sounds like you were alright though, which is nice know the euro's are pretty safe. He wouldn't have been going 70 km/h when he actually hit but still looks like a pretty bad hit.

The airbags wouldn't have gone off, as it was only a rear hit. They airbags don't activate on a rear hit as they won't be of any use. I guess you are hoping its going to be a write-off and they give you a decent pay-out? If so, what car would replace it???

Ollie

lor012
19-04-2011, 11:01 PM
I actually did get really bad whiplash... i had to spend the night in the hospital.. im reaaaally really sore in my neck/abs/lower back
no its not a j's exhaust.. its actually Chris_F's old one...
no airbags went off... i kinda thought maybe the side ones would have gone off..
i have the car insured for about 17000 i think.. tbh i really cant remember.. (im pretty sure they know of the rims... not exhaust tho)
im really on the fence about whether or not i want it written of/whether i think it will be or not... ive only had it a year so i havent really paid that much off the loan..
its being assessed at the moment... fingers crossed i found out soon.. i dont know whats going to be good or bad news lol

adhunt99
19-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Glad you're OK now. Depends if the damage is structural as to whether it'll be written off, if it's all bent I'd guess it might be.

What caused you to need to overnight in hospital? I had a head on t-bone at 50km/h which turned my car around 180 degrees (when some wanker pulled out from a give way sign across me) and even though I went to get checked out they just gave me panadene forte lol. Was v sore for a week or two but I think mine was mitigated because I saw them coming and braced!?

Make sure you file a claim for your injury expenses with the other person's CTP insurance as well as for your car. (You'll need ur doc to fill out a form later on so go to your GP as well as the hospital it's easier.)

chauster
19-04-2011, 11:16 PM
i had about same damage on my dc2r. i was quoted 6k dmg. no write off =/

lor012
19-04-2011, 11:22 PM
they were really worried because after the accident i had severe lower back pains and they said they werent taking any chances.. i had to go to the hospital for an xray, and then a CT scan.. took all night to get the results... they wouldnt let me move until i had the all clear. I've got a letter from the hospital to give to my gp.. i didnt think i needed to do anything about CTP n claiming for injuries tho..

I CU2
19-04-2011, 11:24 PM
What insurance company are you with?

Suncorp is more likely to write off the car than any others.

praja6
19-04-2011, 11:31 PM
What insurance company are you with?

Suncorp is more likely to write off the car than any others.

Is that mean suncorp write off the car and payout for most small damages.. I thought NRMA is the best one..

I CU2
19-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Is that mean suncorp write off the car and payout for most small damages.. I thought NRMA is the best one..

I'm not sure.

When my Camry got into an accident, the panel beater told me that Suncorp is the company that is most likely to write off cars quicky.

adhunt99
19-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Yeah you need to claim your medical expenses off their compulsory third party injury insurance. Don't stress about it you've got months to do it I think.

tony1234
20-04-2011, 12:19 PM
I reckon it'll be written off.Let us know the outcome.

Fredoops
20-04-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure.

When my Camry got into an accident, the panel beater told me that Suncorp is the company that is most likely to write off cars quicky.

Yah as far as I know suncorp's the fastest in writing the car off and then the pay out.

89superstage
20-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Wow mate, thats a fair 'thwack' your car's taken!!
If he's hit you going ~70kmph, the damage is testament to the build quality of these cars,
also I reckon it'll have chassis damage of some sort, so my money's on it being a write off.....

Sorry for you mate, glad you're ok.:-)

antony
20-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Oh no,terrable to see a Euro looking so sad............

mikey72
20-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Really glad to hear you're ok mate!

On the plus side, looks like the spoiler held up quite well.

Hope all ends well for you mate.

Fredoops
20-04-2011, 09:00 PM
lor012 mate,

since you did spend time in hospital, call the Queensland Motor Accident Authority CTP insurance hotline on 1300 302 568 anyway, just in case something happens down the track in terms of medicals, and you really should call then regardless whether you were injured in an accident just in case.

lor012
20-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the support guys..
I'm off to my gp tomorrow as the pain is getting no better.. its actually worse so i'll talk to my doc about what the go with CTP and everything is, he should know.. cuz ive had to take time of work and i get the feeling im going to need physio as well...
Lucky the ambulance just happened to be driving past on the night... i just would have sucked it up an gone home.. and probably done more damage to my body in the long run..
still waiting on the outcome of the car... im with Aami aswell for everyone that asked..
fingers crossed it just all gets sorted out soon...
thanks again guys :)

Fredoops
20-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the support guys..
I'm off to my gp tomorrow as the pain is getting no better.. its actually worse so i'll talk to my doc about what the go with CTP and everything is, he should know.. cuz ive had to take time of work and i get the feeling im going to need physio as well...
Lucky the ambulance just happened to be driving past on the night... i just would have sucked it up an gone home.. and probably done more damage to my body in the long run..
still waiting on the outcome of the car... im with Aami aswell for everyone that asked..
fingers crossed it just all gets sorted out soon...
thanks again guys :)

I had 1st Aid training... and thats probably the WROST thing you could've done... Consider yourself VERY lucky the ambulance came by.

tron07
21-04-2011, 09:04 AM
I recon its a write off as well... 17k payout.

I was hit from the side & back, damage was heaps more minor then yours, got it repaired by GIO at a workshop that does BMW, Lexus, Merc, etc... (I think my car was the cheapest car there) it was about 11k according to the adjuster.

lor012
21-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Hey all,
just letting you know i got the call from aami today... aaaaand its a write off... $14 500 worth in damages... probably more the guy i spoke to reckons...
now to go off looking for another car :(

Fredoops
21-04-2011, 12:26 PM
So your car is at fowles auction now I reckon.

Any idea what you'll be getting?

89superstage
21-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Oh well probably the best outcome, now sort your back out!!
goodluck

azn_k3nt
21-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Car shopping again and goodbye to another euro ;(

hope your back pain will be gone already :D

dee-y
21-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Damn what car you thinking about getting? Did you manage to get put back the OEM rims? Where about in Brissy did this happen? Glad to see you didn't have any big injuries.

Fredoops
21-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Damn what car you thinking about getting? Did you manage to get put back the OEM rims? Where about in Brissy did this happen? Glad to see you didn't have any big injuries.
I think his insurer covered the rims

praja6
21-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks a very good outcome i guess. Now whats going to happen to the damaged written off car? Are they going to sell in auction and some panel beaters going to repair and sell in the market?

Fredoops
21-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks a very good outcome i guess. Now whats going to happen to the damaged written off car? Are they going to sell in auction and some panel beaters going to repair and sell in the market?

AAMI= Suncorp.

Car will show up on Manheim Fowles action within days of it been written off.

lor012
23-04-2011, 10:40 AM
yeah they said it was going to fowles i think...
rims were already on the car so i couldnt put OEM ones back on... plus one of them had severrreee gutter rash on it..
looking at getting a 350z... i've always loved them.. i was just able to buy one when i bought the euro cuz of stupid p plate laws..

oooh and btw.. he = she ... just for those that keep refering to me as a guy lol

Fredoops
23-04-2011, 11:23 AM
oooh and btw.. he = she ... just for those that keep refering to me as a guy lol

Sorry can't help it cause Ozhonda's a sausage fest... 99.9% members belongs to the male population lol... So you have to understand.

PS: I want your rims lol

UR34DY
23-04-2011, 02:18 PM
part out the euro!

lor012
23-04-2011, 03:41 PM
its okay.. im suprisingly used to it..

yeah i think the car has already been taken away before i got get anything off it.. rims are nice but they are far too scratched up. The exhaust was what i would have been really hoping to take off it :(

dee-y
23-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Dang, woulda been keen on the exhaust. Any ideas what car you're looking for now?

Rudy
24-04-2011, 06:04 AM
damn you could have some long term issues from that whiplash and such...don't take any settlements yet from their insurance without seeing a bunch of Drs, cause you may need more to cover future medical costs, etc. But hope it doesn't come to that of course. Best luck to you.

10KRPM
26-04-2011, 12:20 PM
What were the results of the x-rays and ct scans? negative?

And what are the standard wheels you still have? 17's?

lor012
26-04-2011, 12:31 PM
yeah all the xrays and stuff came back negative.. all the damage is just muscular..
umm i only ever had those rims and they were 18's

tron07
29-04-2011, 11:18 AM
I would love to have the A-pillar covers... lol

furythree
29-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Rules of the internet
1 There are NO girls on the internet
2 Pics or it didnt happen
3 Rule 2 applies to rule 1. Xrays/ct scans qualify

jokez

How much did u end up getting for the car? i dont see why u cant salve the rims and exhaust...

lor012
02-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Hey guys sorry to revive an old thread but alot of you were asking about how my injuries were so i thought id give a little bit of an update.
After about 5 weeks of physio my back and neck are all good no permanent damage.. well fingers crossed :) so back to full time work for me..
Got my payout from insurance.. had a little bit of a difference from what insurance payed out to what was left on my on my loan.. but luckily i had gap cover insurance.. HIGHLY recommend to everyone!!
Quite a few were also interested in what i was going to buy next so id like to introduce you to 'Zed'
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u93/lor012/IMAG0198.jpg
I know its not everyones cup of tea.. but she is my new baby & i love her!!
So yeah hopefully ill still be running into a few of the Ozhonda crew out and about!!

charliebrown
02-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Fahhh that's beautiful! quite a step up from the euro?

Jones Boy
02-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Oh very, very smick - damn are those 20's or 19's? Great choice!

Cheers