PDA

View Full Version : Brakes Upgrade on GL

hmetro24
19-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Hey , currently I am working on 92 dual carb engine swap to Injection. I have to upgrade the brakes on the car due to the Rear drums. Also looking to upgrade the front brakes if needed. Gl use 242mm rotors on front. If i get 262mm rotor, will it straight bolt or i need calipers...
What about rear brakes, what should i upgrade.
I already have brake booster, prop valve, and master cylinder from civic Vti eh9.
Which rear disc direct swap to gl.
Does da9 or Honda concerto should work? ( i know that dc2 or si or vti are direct swap) but can not find around at the moment
Thanks in advance

trism
20-04-2011, 12:56 PM
All of these questions have been answered before.

Search.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

xclusive_eg8
20-04-2011, 01:05 PM
242mm was stock on GLi, Vti,Gl,Si....the 262mm came on EG6 & EG9..... The 242 will be fine for any D series engine really, maybe even B16... The rears are good to have, but truth be told they will be fine as is unless going for a crazy engine package

hmetro24
20-04-2011, 01:27 PM
All of these questions have been answered before.

Search.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
I know question has been answered, but i wanna be sure. Also its better not to post telling everyone use search.

hussLEr
20-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Hey , currently I am working on 92 dual carb engine swap to Injection. I have to upgrade the brakes on the car due to the Rear drums. Also looking to upgrade the front brakes if needed. Gl use 242mm rotors on front. If i get 262mm rotor, will it straight bolt or i need calipers...
What about rear brakes, what should i upgrade.
I already have brake booster, prop valve, and master cylinder from civic Vti eh9.
Which rear disc direct swap to gl.
Does da9 or Honda concerto should work? ( i know that dc2 or si or vti are direct swap) but can not find around at the moment
Thanks in advance

Dc2 would be a good upgrade all-round and will be a direct bolt on (not to mention bang-for-buck).

What EFI motor did you upgrade to? That would often determine for most people how far they'd want/need to upgrade their current anchors.

Truth be had...I knew a guy once that had a built B series in a CXI..all he upgraded was the rears to disks and ran good pads + rotors all-round

dougie_504
20-04-2011, 05:14 PM
If you're converting to another D-series engine then you don't need anything bigger than 242mm.
If you're converting to B18 (any variant) I would suggest 262mm. You don't need 282mm in a car the size of your Civic.

Once you upgrade the rotor you will need the caliper to match.

Rear brakes don't really need to be upgraded according to 'trism' who I believe but if you feel the need to do so then just get a rear disc brake conversion.

Any more questions you should try answering with the search-engine, even though you don't want to try it.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1192598

Closed for now. If you think you'll be covering new ground on the topic of brake upgrades then PM me and I can re-open and re-name the thread if necessary.