PDA

View Full Version : Euros in South Africa

antony
20-04-2011, 06:01 PM
I have been in Johannesburg for the past 6 days,and have been AMAZED by how many brand new Euros are on the roads.
Only seen 2 wagons,they have all been sedans,but wagon is stunning looking too.

Popped into a dealership,and they told me that Jazz is selling well,followed by Accord...it does not have the Euro badge,and is available in a 2.0,2.4,and 2.2 diesel.

City has just been launched as the Ballade,and I have seen 1 Insight ,and NOT 1 CRZ.

Also had a model called the FRV...I think,have seen a few,looks like a Jazz on steroids.

Recently been discontinued worldwide.
Civic is the disapointment in the range,not very popular,but have seen qiute a lot of CRVs.

And no Legends or regular Accords.

Took a photo of Whire wagon,and just sold Polished Metal sedan,a lovely new Grey colour,but dont know how to post them on here.

Will update as the weeks march on,Honda seems to have a brilliant reputation in general.

CYA all soon.
BYE.:wave:

Fredoops
20-04-2011, 09:32 PM
So the south Africans basically get the european lineup.

Nice... but heres the million dollar question....

Do they get the 2.2 i-dtec?

praja6
20-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Thats good Anthony. What is the price range there for the 2.4ltr one converted to our Aussie $$$

Fredoops
20-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Thats good Anthony. What is the price range there for the 2.4ltr one converted to our Aussie $$$

2.4 Ltr Executive Auto (think Euro Lux auto) 360,681.00 ZAR = 49,839.79 AUD

And IIRC South African cars usually come with a service plan of some sort (IE: Free servicing for X number of years)
The Euro appears to have 5yr 90,000 km service plan with service intervals of 15,000 km.

So Price overall are on par...

I CU2
21-04-2011, 08:42 AM
So the south Africans basically get the european lineup.

Nice... but heres the million dollar question....

Do they get the 2.2 i-dtec?

It says in the orignal post that it does get the 2.2 diesel :angel:

available in a 2.0,2.4,and 2.2 diesel.

Fredoops
21-04-2011, 08:53 AM
It says in the orignal post that it does get the 2.2 diesel :angel:

*cries foul*

antony
08-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I am back,and have to add that I noticed quite a few of the older CL9 Euros too.

A freind has a Buran Silver wagon,2,4 Exec manual,and is extremely happy with it.

I have photos,but dont know how to post them here,help please with advice.

Thanks.