PDA

View Full Version : Hid help!

$BBB
21-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Hey guys,

So I installed H4 HIDs into my Jazz, all works fine BUT when I high beam, there is not lights. Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes?

flipfire
21-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Did you buy a kit with both Low and Hi beams? cause the cheap ones usually only have low beams.

$BBB
21-04-2011, 09:51 PM
that sounds about right, is there a bulb I can change or nah?

flipfire
21-04-2011, 09:58 PM
you need new bulbs and different loom for the hi/lo controller.

gramin
02-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Just be aware that you will get a defect notice for putting HID lamps in a car that is not designed for them.

To be legal, they must be projector type headlights with a washing system and be automatic self leveling.

fillit
02-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Just be aware that you will get a defect notice for putting HID lamps in a car that is not designed for them.

To be legal, they must be projector type headlights with a washing system and be automatic self leveling.

That is correct.

However they do require 3 "defects" to actually give you a notice, I have gone past countless booze busses and been pulled many times with only 1 cop ever commenting that my car shouldn't have HIDs in, and he even asked if they were HIDs, I guess because the jazz is a newish car it doesn't seem terribly out of place unless you run like 8k HIDs or something.

forensics
03-05-2011, 01:12 PM
That is correct.

However they do require 3 "defects" to actually give you a notice, I have gone past countless booze busses and been pulled many times with only 1 cop ever commenting that my car shouldn't have HIDs in, and he even asked if they were HIDs, I guess because the jazz is a newish car it doesn't seem terribly out of place unless you run like 8k HIDs or something.

Not true, there is no minimum. The booze bus that you probably went past was probably only normal cops and not highway.

$BBB
14-05-2011, 04:25 PM
do you guys know where the adjustment nut is for the GD3? pictures maybe?

mao
15-05-2011, 12:09 AM
That is correct.

Yes spot on. Agreed

EG52NV
15-05-2011, 01:10 AM

NOT TRUE! I only found out the other day that some cars came stock with D2R hid bulbs meaning they were designed to work with a reflector housing.

This changes the whole theory that HID must exist in projector housings!

EG52NV
15-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Buy yes if your reflector style headlights were designed for halogens then putting HIDs in will just give you immense amount of glare even if you do have Casper shields.

fillit
15-05-2011, 01:38 AM
NOT TRUE! I only found out the other day that some cars came stock with D2R hid bulbs meaning they were designed to work with a reflector housing.

This changes the whole theory that HID must exist in projector housings!

I believe the highest model yaris comes with HIDs or was it the corolla? either way im quite reasonably sure it doesnt have the washing system on it either. The general go is (not legal) that if your car is new enough, cops are not as suspicious about it and would be less likely to give you a defect over it as opposed to something that is blatantly out of place, such as an eg/ek. It would be unlikely a cop would pull you over on the basis of HIDs, it would be moreso because of other reasons.

EG52NV
15-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Nah i think the law is washer system is required, because dirt and debree will cause the xenon light to scatter hence why it's a legal requirement to have washers to clean the lenses... But yeah Lexus IS300 is an example of a car running reflector housings with D2R hid bulbs.

EG52NV
20-05-2011, 10:39 AM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/3aa3af85-b5e1-baab.jpg
Just installed on Thursday night.

Pros: the design of the Jazz reflector housing is very good therefore the amount of light output onto the road is very well distributed and no hot spots.
Using Casper shields I was able to minimize the amount of glare which is a result of the increased kelvin and lumen rating vs regular H4 bulbs.
There is still a good cut off at the end of the beam although not as sharp as it used to be with regular H4s but still better then on an EG or EK.

Cons: the made in china $50 eBay hi/lo bi-xenon hid kit is emitting FM interference which is affecting reception on 96.1 all other stations are fine. I know it's FM interference though the air waves because I turned the radio on in my iPod and it got affected too.

Other thoughts:
If you have hazy headlights buff them up before using HIDS or else you will scatter light everywhere!

In conclusion: Get them and aim them down the Jazz headlight construction is very well designed.

Dreams
20-05-2011, 03:15 PM
retrofit ftw!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/ndut/close.jpg

hid on jazz reflector is ghey, i literally had to point them down.
still got so much stuff left from my retrofit stock pile