PDA

View Full Version : HELP! with 06 Lux accord euro

rayz
21-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey guys,

Yesterday I experience some wierd problems with my car, I was driving fine and suddenly the battery sign lights up (charging system indicator) and flashing was the 'check system'

So I thought was pretty seriouse.. I started to head home at a easy pase.

On my way home my headlights started to flicker and all these warnings started to flash (engine light, airbag, VSA, ABS etc) I noticed that when I tried to lower my windows it was struggling..

So I thought I should pull over.. when I pulled over it seems the car was losing power.. the navi screen was just turning on and off, the speedo started to cut off and wipers wouldnt work...

Then slowly everything started to happen all at once and engine was starting to die on me.. so I decided to turn off my engine and rest it abit.. after for about 40mins I tried to start my car again and make my way home.. as I got home headlights wouldnt turn on no more, power was just dead.. so I left it for the night..

The next morning I tried to turn on my car.. it wouldnt turn on no more.. there is no power whatsoever..

Have any of you guys seen this problem before ? and advice on what could be the issue?

Thanks heaps guys!

Fredoops
21-04-2011, 10:43 PM
This is when you get the car towed to a Honda dealership. Could be a lot of things, could be a lot of serious things too.

rayz
21-04-2011, 11:22 PM
could this be a alternator by n e chance?

praja6
21-04-2011, 11:25 PM
could this be a alternator by n e chance?

COuld be, but best to take your car to HOnda dealership for check the issue. Do you have roadside assistance Rayz and Honda 5yr warranty?

rayz
21-04-2011, 11:54 PM
I'll have to check if the honda 5 yr warranty is still valid..

I just wanted to see if it is a easy fix.. or common problem..

rayz
22-04-2011, 10:09 AM
just an update on the issue..

unfortunately there is only 3 years warranty and no extended 2 yrs..

well there seems to be power but it feels like the battery is not charging.. it was struggling to turn on but not enough power?

i'll try to jump start it abit later and see how i go..

do u guys know how much it will be to replace an alternator?

tony1234
22-04-2011, 10:28 AM
just an update on the issue..

unfortunately there is only 3 years warranty and no extended 2 yrs..

well there seems to be power but it feels like the battery is not charging.. it was struggling to turn on but not enough power?

i'll try to jump start it abit later and see how i go..

do u guys know how much it will be to replace an alternator?
I reckon it's the alternator not charging which in turn has flattened the battery..Take it to an auto electrician for a diagnosis.If it's the alternator ask them if they can supply you with an exchange unit.I'm guessing $400-500???

Fredoops
22-04-2011, 10:57 AM
I reckon it's the alternator not charging which in turn has flattened the battery..Take it to an auto electrician for a diagnosis.If it's the alternator ask them if they can supply you with an exchange unit.I'm guessing $400-500???
They can probably rebuild it for less

rayz
22-04-2011, 08:02 PM
hey guys just an update to where things are at.. hopefully I can get some more advice.

today I changed the battery with a new one.. now is all working fine.. (engine turns on, wipers, headlights)
its just I still have the battery engine light and check system lighting up..

I have had a look through the user manual and it says 'the battery systerm is not charging etc'

do u guys know what the problem could be now?

thanks

opilot87
22-04-2011, 09:10 PM
ummm... why did you change the battery???

It seems the alternator has died, and hence the battery had gone flat. You have now replace the battery with a new charged one, while the alternator still doesn't work. So expect the new battery to go flat fairly soon and you will be left with the same problem...

Ollie

azn_k3nt
22-04-2011, 09:34 PM
ummm... why did you change the battery???

It seems the alternator has died, and hence the battery had gone flat. You have now replace the battery with a new charged one, while the alternator still doesn't work. So expect the new battery to go flat fairly soon and you will be left with the same problem...

Ollie

Agree, why did u change battery for?

Go to an auto sparky so they check ur alternator sounds like a resonable thing :)

Fredoops
23-04-2011, 12:20 AM
hey guys just an update to where things are at.. hopefully I can get some more advice.

today I changed the battery with a new one.. now is all working fine.. (engine turns on, wipers, headlights)
its just I still have the battery engine light and check system lighting up..

I have had a look through the user manual and it says 'the battery systerm is not charging etc'

do u guys know what the problem could be now?

thanks

Should've gone to an auto electrician, now you've just wasted the time and money on a new battery.
AND you STILL have to go to an auto-electrician to fix the alternator.

rayz
23-04-2011, 01:28 AM
nah it was a spare new battery for my wifes car.. I thought I would give it a crack to see how it goes.. the new battery works but engine light is still there..

i'll give an auto-electrician a call tomorrow to get a few quotes etc..

mikey72
23-04-2011, 06:01 AM
Not quite sure of your problem mate, but with the new battery in maybe try resetting the ECU to see if the fault code comes back up. :)

MR_LATE
23-04-2011, 06:22 AM
Alternator!!!!

tony1234
23-04-2011, 08:31 AM
The alternator is not charging the battery.It needs to be repaired or replaced.

mikey72
23-04-2011, 09:11 AM
Have you washed out your engine bay lately? sometimes if u degrease ur engine bay the degreaser can work it's way into to alternator and gunk it up, try blasting the center with a karcher.

Xplodin
23-04-2011, 06:55 PM
OMG soo many newbies... as said a few times take it to an auto elec and have it checked out... What it sounds like and what many people here has suspected its the alternator.... this needs to be fixed or replaced.

mikey72
23-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Yes, everybody heard you Xplodin, but there are no shops open til Wednesday. Why not try and help him get a temporary/permanent fix now if we can?

Xplodin
24-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Yes, everybody heard you Xplodin, but there are no shops open til Wednesday. Why not try and help him get a temporary/permanent fix now if we can?

Tell me this how can we get a temp fix for an alternator when its not charging the battery that runs the car. I know that shops aren't open till wed so he looks like he might have to hold on till then.

Mikey, nothing against you but this person have been ignoring peoples opinions on what they think is wrong with his car. There's no way in helping them with a permanent fix unless he has a CL9 alternator handy (that works too). As i said nothing against you.

rayz
24-04-2011, 07:33 PM
wtf u mean i have been ignoring peoples opinions? I have been asking for help.. people have been saying its the alternator and I did say I would get an auto electrician to look at it..

I don't know wtf u talking about..

SPQR
24-04-2011, 09:56 PM
My car had this exact same problem in February. Your car will need a new alternator.

Because it happens so suddenly, buying a new one from Acura in the USA for less than $500 is not really an option unless you can be without your car for weeks.

So I ended up having $1,260 extracted painfully from my wallet by Honda OZ greed machine.

P.S. Pardon my ignorance, but is "wtf" a member's moniker. It seems to pop up in posts a lot.

kural7
24-04-2011, 10:08 PM
My car had this exact same problem in February. Your car will need a new alternator.

Because it happens so suddenly, buying a new one from Acura in the USA for less than $500 is not really an option unless you can be without your car for weeks.

So I ended up having $1,260 extracted painfully from my wallet by Honda OZ greed machine.

P.S. Pardon my ignorance, but is "wtf" a member's moniker. It seems to pop up in posts a lot.

Just incase your not joking i think its best you google WHAT THE F... i can't elaborate on that abbreviation much more :)

Fredoops
25-04-2011, 07:16 AM

post of the year!!!!!!!

turbo56k
03-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem, even after I changed the new alternator and battery. Are there anyone else experiencing this problem?

Many thanks,

Tai

SPQR
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM

post of the year!!!!!!!

Hehe. I thought it was funny. Especially since everyone knows that it means World Trade Federation....

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/WTF