PDA

View Full Version : window problem

skoota
10-12-2003, 01:46 PM
hey guys i've got some Hornet alarm system in my EK and when i lock it my windows are supposed to wind up automatically. However, my passanger window does not do this - also with this window it takes forever to wind up and down. What's the prob???? Anyone else got this prob???

Also with my air conditioner, the vent near the passanger side window makes quite a loud hissing and whistling noise - it still works fine but should i get it checked out? I don't want my A/C fuked up for summer. :x

vti-2
10-12-2003, 01:48 PM
If the window takes ages to wind up maybe the felt lining on the rubber's have worn out? It's a common problem with cars that have power windows. A bit of lube can fix it or you can get new seals from Honda.

A'PEXi
10-12-2003, 04:50 PM
an alarm which auto-winds up your windows?.... maybe the drivers side has auto up/down whereas the passenger side doesnt??

skoota
10-12-2003, 10:42 PM
thanks vti-2, as for the auto windows thingy, my bro use to own this car b4 me and they both went up automatically when the alarm was activated, and there was no other probs with the window. However, a couple of years later and i have it now and it's giving me the shits!!! :evil:

Civic Type R
11-12-2003, 10:39 AM
my alarm closes the sunroof and automatically winds the windows up.
If its stopped going up, check the window motor for it may be burnt out. If not, check the alarm wires that sends the signal to the window.

when mine died it was the motor burnt out. $55 replacement.

skoota
11-12-2003, 09:20 PM
hey thanks CTR - i'll get it checked out :D