PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Euro Questions

Gibknee
25-04-2011, 10:13 AM
I just brought a 2004 Accord Euro Luxury recently and I've got a few questions.

- The light to my drivers side heated seat button has died, can I replace this myself?

- My drivers side window gets stuck down, if I press up I'll go up like 2cm and then quickly go back down, only goes up after pressing the botton about 10-20 times.

- How much will it cost to purchase a genuine Honda rear spoiler?

Fredoops
25-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I just brought a 2004 Accord Euro Luxury recently and I've got a few questions.

- The light to my drivers side heated seat button has died, can I replace this myself?

- My drivers side window gets stuck down, if I press up I'll go up like 2cm and then quickly go back down, only goes up after pressing the botton about 10-20 times.

- How much will it cost to purchase a genuine Honda rear spoiler?

1: no, only lights in the euro I'd touch are the actual interior lights, not illuminated buttons.
2: call an auto electrician or dealer, the mechanism sounds busted.
3: no.... He'll no.

jono_l
25-04-2011, 05:43 PM

This is actually quite a simple task if you're comfortable with removing interior trim. I replaced the bulb in my sunroof switch a few weeks ago, which is a very similar kind of bulb.

Basically, all you need to do is remove the gear stick surround. There's a guide here ( http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?111622-Installing-an-Xcarlink-with-Bluetooth-in-to-an-Accord-Euro-03-Luxury&highlight=xcarlink+euro ) which suggests that you pry it up from the ashtray. Personally, I prefer to use a plastic trim removal pry bar and pry it out from the hole in the inside of the surround (i.e. where the gear lever is). This allows me to get the pry bar as close to the clips as possible, as I've heard the panel is prone to cracking easily. There are 4 clips holding it in from memory, two on each side. Removing the bloody panel in the first place would probably be the hardest part I reckon. If you have a manual, it shouldn't be too different either.

From there, you should be able to get the switches out easily. The bulbs have a plastic light filter on them (so they light up white-ish rather than yellow), and are attached to a plastic wedge base and simply unscrew out. I tried Repco for replacements but they didn't have any. Honda charged me around $14 for one sunroof switch bulb (pre-assembled with wedge base and filter) supplied.

There is actually a way in which you can change the bulb out yourself and save money in the process - see here: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-car-care/28648-vsa-moonroof-seat-heater-gear-shift-lights-replacement.html . Whilst we don't have access to Radio Shack here, I believe you can get the correct type of bulb from RS Components. Can't remember exactly what they were called but they do exist, and are a similar wattage to stock (I'd replace the lights in both switches so they match). Given that Honda wanted $14 for the single bulb last time, I'll be trying the DIY alternative next time.