PDA

View Full Version : replica lip respray

Khuong
25-04-2011, 05:52 PM
anyone know how to respray lip? Think its jst scrub lightly with fine sand paper and primer then spray with canned paint, jst wanna make sure

babiiiiiiiiiii
25-04-2011, 06:26 PM
sand down a bit till smooth then high fill then paint it and dry it , but you can just do print twice , outcome still pretty much the same , but more perfer with high fill first :)

dougie_504
25-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't bother hifilling TBH. I didn't with mine. Just sand til smooth as suggested, primer and paint.

mugen_ctr
25-04-2011, 09:42 PM
use a plastic primer! because normal primer doesnt cut it, ive gone through 4 resprays! and its all down to the incorrect use of primer.... pretty peed off that ive had to do it 4 times and find out that it was the primer LOL, its been through the very worse, had to body fill some areas an spray putty it.... but i manage to get it back to smooth factory curves

flipfire
26-04-2011, 12:32 AM
yeh theres like many DIY guides, just search it dude

chauster
26-04-2011, 10:03 PM
lol got pwned.

You just use a clear plastic primer and paint straight away.
Make sure you scotch brite is first before you plastic primer. Dont make runs on the primer too else you're fkt.

btw, spray can sht is gunna fade. Doesnt matter what primer you use. you get what you pay for.

aaronrein
19-06-2011, 10:55 PM
did my side skirts.
1st if its been on the car use a wax and greese remove anything whhich could affect the finish.
then light sand the plastic.
wipe it down with a damp rag and wait till it dries. apply a few coats (3 or 4) of plastic primer with a light sand in between.
once youve got a nice surface finish with the primer coat it with your paint.
if your using an acrylic enamel or similar with a non metallic based paint the clears usually mixed in.
you just need to let the llip cure for a day or 2 and then polish it with a real quality polish to bring out a deep shine. if its metallic youlll need a clear coat...