PDA

View Full Version : exedy sport tuff normal or heavy duty

viinnh
25-04-2011, 07:08 PM
hey guys i got a exeddy sport tuff clutch and pressure plate ( pink ) for my honda civic eg. d series . accordding to the internet it is a heavy duty clutch but on my car it seems pretty soft just like oem. the clutch has been bleed heaps, no air left.

soo my question is. is it a HD or normal ?

migoreng
25-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Heavy duty clutch will make your pedal feel slightly lighter.

That's the case when I bought my BB6 3 years ago...The previous clutch was worn but I instantly noticed a lighter pedal after the Exedy HD was installed...

After the new clutch is broken in the pedal will feel slightly heavier...

viinnh
25-04-2011, 07:23 PM
how come when i drive my mates car, em1 (b16) , dc4 (b18), dc2 (b18) its very hard to press in and springs out, you call feel it pushing back out when releasing ?

dougie_504
25-04-2011, 08:20 PM
When was it put in? My OEM clutch was replaced almost 2 years ago and is still very heavy under the foot, whereas my HD clutch in my JDM B16A CRX is quite soft too just like your's lol.

TheSaint
25-04-2011, 10:29 PM
i have USDM exedy O.E clutch with Exedy 12lbs Racing flywheel and its medium weight

i have driven HKS HD clutch that was light as hell and a USDM Stage 2 exedy which was heavy .... they are all different

as long as its doing its job i would be happy that you wont get a sore foot in traffic =)

dougie_504
25-04-2011, 10:36 PM
^ So true. Sometimes I end up just sitting in neutral because I'm too tired after work (I pretty much power-walk 6-7 hours per shift).

viinnh
25-04-2011, 11:23 PM
my clutch was put in on friday and bleed my clutch on sat.

like on my car idm if its hard to press down or not. but it doesnt spring up as hard as a hd should. i driven a d series eg today with a exeddy oem replacement. and that clutch sprung back more.

TheSaint
26-04-2011, 12:33 AM
my american exedy O.E replacement is sorta in between the australian OEM and australian HD
that along with the american exedy flywheel feels only a touch heavier than stock on my D15b7
i have a mutch cleaner/stronger/quicker/controlled engagement now tho

NightKids
26-04-2011, 01:02 AM
I have put in the exact clutch in my EG and it's normal, mine is like that too...

I was expecting it to be a bit harder and springy but it felt just like OEM. Seems to bite pretty hard though on the launch which is the most important thing. I wouldn't be too worried...

DLO01
26-04-2011, 09:12 AM
^^^ wot he said.