PDA

View Full Version : SAFCII vs VAFCII

cmf
01-02-2005, 08:16 AM
What's the difference? Each one has a specific function, but which is better and what does what? What kinds of gains have you guys gotten out of the VAFCII? I have an intake and exhaust, will this sytem increase my power a lot? From reading, I think EuroAccord13 and LOC888 have this system installed. Any inputs?

adammet04
01-02-2005, 01:05 PM
yes id be interested in what sort of gains you can get as well since hondar is selling some at the moment, some info on how these work/ what they do would be great.

Cheers

LOC888
01-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Cant really comment yet. Sorry...

Pum[Z]
01-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Ermm i aint no Einstein on this but ppl say if u want to get Vtec controller u must change ur intake and exhaust first (Some say that includes Header all the way to the back of the exhaust) so that it useful...

VAFC controller can change the air & fuel mixture so i guess u can run the fuel on lean or rich... Same u can change the Vtec points (Where the Vtec can kick in)...

Well some ppl say that VAFC is worth it & some ppl say its not.. I'm still confused on the whole matter as well if it is worth it...

cmf
01-02-2005, 02:40 PM
IS anyone here running the SAFC on their Accord as well. I saw a wiring diagram finally for the CL9, and want to know if it's worth putting in. I know a little about the VAFC, also helps control VTEC engage point.
I guess I am looking to see what more could be gained by using the SAFC too.

Anyone know the gains received off the VAFC that has them installed?

cmf
01-02-2005, 02:41 PM
Cant really comment yet. Sorry...

We're waiting for you my friend too! :D
Gonna assume you are going to run a few dyno passes while getting it tuned? When do you anticipate on doing this install?
So many questions........... :rolleyes:

THRUST
01-02-2005, 05:13 PM
The VAFC is good to use for tuning, for that you need to go to a Dyno.

EuroAccord13
03-02-2005, 01:03 AM
I have the VAFCii working on the CL9 and at that time there weren't any wiring diagrams for it and my tuner had to work out each wire individually before installing it and then popping it on the dyno for a dyno tune... We did like 8 runs and a few road tests....

Pum[Z]
03-02-2005, 02:34 AM
I have the VAFCii working on the CL9 and at that time there weren't any wiring diagrams for it and my tuner had to work out each wire individually before installing it and then popping it on the dyno for a dyno tune... We did like 8 runs and a few road tests....

Yes and ur verdict nick on the VAFC II... With a aftermarket airfilter & exhaust is getting the VAFCII a worth it modification... Does it produce performance..

EuroAccord13
03-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Personally I feel it's worth it having a VAFCii with intake and exhaust mods...

Performance wise, it will be individual though, I can't tell you if the car is faster now but the dyno showed an increase. Every car is different even though it might be the same car, then there is the bloke who tunes it as well, if he's good, he's good, but if he can't tune it efficiently, it goes back to square one and leaves the VAFCii better off as a bling factor for the interior :P

The VAFCii might push out at the most another 5Kws or so at the most with a stock car but of course with mods, it's just like any other A/F controller or ECU more mods, more potential power to be unlocked...

Of course running rich is safer than running lean, but for my car, after testing it all night, I was able to cut another 12% or so in fuel and still run efficiently. OEM A/F is already lean but not that lean LOL :P