PDA

View Full Version : Put forth your opinion regarding muffler style on a teg

charliebrown
26-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Haven't seen many tegs around running the twintip and i know a lot of OH boys dislike the cannon due to the rice factor. Just wanna get a feel of what the general consensus is: stock, cannon or twintip. I've had all 3 on my car so i'll just put some pics up for comparison

Stock:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6016/20101130160912.jpg

Cannon:
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4247/20110425163105.jpg

Twintip:
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2715/20110426154022.jpg

trism
26-04-2011, 04:18 PM
twin tip looks good for sure.

Who cares what everyone else thinks but.

Ive said it before, but who pays for all the parts? Who pays rego and puts fuel in the car? Who looks at it everyday? Who drives it? Its you, not ozhonda, not the internet. Put on whatever you think looks best, and whatever sounds the best, the one you can live with as a daily.

TheSaint
26-04-2011, 04:59 PM
i like Twinloops the best on Dc2 - but like Trism said - its your car - do what you want! =D

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/504/medium/18417hytech_6.jpg

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/504/medium/18417hytech_5.jpg

charliebrown
26-04-2011, 05:01 PM
^ i've already decided i'm going stock. im just curious to see what other people like. out of the 3 options, twinloop would be closest to 'stock' yeah? just minus the ugly fkn tub thing

trism
26-04-2011, 05:04 PM
twinloops are quiet like stock, but are heaps less of a restriction

Super-DA9
26-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Agree to the max with twinloop, but it wasn't an option so I picked twin tip.

Indie
26-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Twinloop. Subtle.

charliebrown
26-04-2011, 09:06 PM
No surprise cannon has 0 votes. I do like twintip look but it's way too loud for my taste. I only had it on for driving around the block 2 minutes around 6 hours ago and my ears still aching. Definetely taking it off tomorrow before i go deaf. I'll probably run stock until i can find a well priced twinloop. I've always wanted a mugen twinloop but haven't come across one i can afford. Heard the xforce twinloop goes funny after a lil while

mugen_ctr
26-04-2011, 09:12 PM
one of my mates run twin cannons lol, crazy, an loud! but imo, the slant angle cannon doesnt suit the look atm, when its slammed, it look hot! and if the piping runs under the subframe, not over the control arm, even better, straight through ftw! LOL

Id definite go cannon! im running one, sure it does get noisey, on long drives, an attracts the wrong attention, but dam it, i love the sound!

seriously, if ur worried about sound pollution go twin loop, or if looking for more grunt, i know its not on the list, but definite stick to aftermarket oval muffler

Just remember that, if u do ever get epa letter, the noise test is 90DB and done at 5000rpm, so no a twinloop wont even pass it! my stock system put out 85db! just a heads up :)

charliebrown
26-04-2011, 09:17 PM
one of my mates run twin cannons lol, crazy, an loud! but imo, the slant angle cannon doesnt suit the look atm, when its slammed, it look hot! and if the piping runs under the subframe, not over the control arm, even better, straight through ftw! LOL

Id definite go cannon! im running one, sure it does get noisey, on long drives, an attracts the wrong attention, but dam it, i love the sound!

seriously, if ur worried about sound pollution go twin loop, or if looking for more grunt, i know its not on the list, but definite stick to aftermarket oval muffler

Just remember that, if u do ever get epa letter, the noise test is 90DB and done at 5000rpm, so no a twinloop wont even pass it! my stock system put out 85db! just a heads up :)

Your mate tryin to be the next BKDFKP? lol what do you mean by more 'grunt'? cannon don't get you the ladies man, they may turn their head but their face turn ^_-

TheSaint
26-04-2011, 09:48 PM
my stock exhaust on Dc2 VTIR came in at 85 at 5000 and 100 at redline - vtec yo lawl

out of all the exhausts i have had the stock Dc2 with Fujita CAI was probably my fav
i had a mugen catback ready to put on but never got the chance

and yes the xforce twinloops do drone a bit after about 12months - im looking to replace mine now - but it only cost me $40 so meh lol

OBX are a crap brand but apparently their twinloop isnt bad - might be worth a look

i only like canons on turbo cars =p

charliebrown
26-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Is the sound of induction with a injen/jufita CAI similar to taking airbox off? I'm running a K&N drop in filter with lid off and it sounds pretty schick

chauster
26-04-2011, 10:06 PM
canon ftw!

Super-DA9
26-04-2011, 11:08 PM
OBX are a crap brand but apparently their twinloop isnt bad - might be worth a look

OBX do make a lot of sh*t quality stuff, but keep in mind that some of their products are just re-branded products from other companies, so some of it's not too bad. take OBX ITB's for example, they are TODA's previous model ITB's with a purple fuel rail :)

maybe the OBX twinloop is another brands too?

Lukey
26-04-2011, 11:24 PM
no exhaust ftw

charliebrown
26-04-2011, 11:25 PM
no exhaust ftw

trust... especially after i saw your shifter :P

Vvvtec
27-04-2011, 02:57 AM
Put the lid back on dude, all your doing is losing power by having the filter exposed to the engine like that. I know from experience, I ran my open airbox for a week weeks before upgrading to an Injen CAI.

And no, stock box + filter sounds nothing like a legit CAI. It's a sounds that has to be heard to be believed/experienced. Sounds amazing.

bennjamin
27-04-2011, 07:23 AM
Mate

Get a standard dc2r muffler and sand it back and polish the face. Looks great and is made for a car with significantly more peak power so you aren't restricting yourself. Then get a nice intake such as injen and then the car will sound like a type r.....like a honda. Little noise off or on light throttle but a nice buzz then BAAAAAAAAA in vtec

TheSaint
27-04-2011, 11:06 AM
OBX do make a lot of sh*t quality stuff, but keep in mind that some of their products are just re-branded products from other companies, so some of it's not too bad. take OBX ITB's for example, they are TODA's previous model ITB's with a purple fuel rail :)

maybe the OBX twinloop is another brands too?

um ... i wouldnt say that about their D-Series ITB - they are so badly made
almost every person i know or have heard of that has bought these has had to re-machine them, customise, chop, trim etc to make them fit right
its like they got the B-series one that they ripped off another company than tried to dodgey up a copy for the D-series
sigh

OBX is code for hit and miss

TheSaint
27-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Mate

Get a standard dc2r muffler and sand it back and polish the face. Looks great and is made for a car with significantly more peak power so you aren't restricting yourself. Then get a nice intake such as injen and then the car will sound like a type r.....like a honda. Little noise off or on light throttle but a nice buzz then BAAAAAAAAA in vtec

+1 - the best 2 mufflers u can use are the Dc2 Type-R and Dc5 Type-S
with a nice intake like Fujita - these systems sound sexi

Super-DA9
27-04-2011, 11:12 AM
um ... i wouldnt say that about their D-Series ITB - they are so badly made
almost every person i know or have heard of that has bought these has had to re-machine them, customise, chop, trim etc to make them fit right
its like they got the B-series one that they ripped off another company than tried to dodgey up a copy for the D-series
sigh

OBX is code for hit and miss

ahh ok I've never read into the D series ones, I've got a B series set. but your right they are a hit and miss company.

stevanbonic
27-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Of course cannons are going to look shit and ricey if you buy them from repco, that "cannon" on the first page looks terrible. Look into exhausts like the fujitsubo RM01A or powergetter for the DC2 and tell me it doesnt look classy....... pay to play or resist buying the fake crap :)

dciisir
27-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Lol go with the asian angle.. oh its cannon btw. A big fan of them :D About 10 years back when my friend brought the car to an exhaust joint, the guy there called cannon the asian angle coz mostly asians did that.

act_gooner
27-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Of course cannons are going to look shit and ricey if you buy them from repco, that "cannon" on the first page looks terrible. Look into exhausts like the fujitsubo RM01A or powergetter for the DC2 and tell me it doesnt look classy....... pay to play or resist buying the fake crap :)

I agree. Since my Xforce twinloop looks awesome, but when cold sounds like aids, I'm considering switching to something like Fujitsubo or Skunk2 in the not too distant future..
Bro, I doubt you'll find a Mugen twinloop even close to a modest price, which sucks for us broke ass uni students, but the Xforce products aren't too bad. My problems could be due to the fact that I got a custom made catback, SuperDA9 is rocking the full Xforce system and likes it, I think lol.

stevanbonic
27-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I agree. Since my Xforce twinloop looks awesome, but when cold sounds like aids, I'm considering switching to something like Fujitsubo or Skunk2 in the not too distant future..
Bro, I doubt you'll find a Mugen twinloop even close to a modest price, which sucks for us broke ass uni students, but the Xforce products aren't too bad. My problems could be due to the fact that I got a custom made catback, SuperDA9 is rocking the full Xforce system and likes it, I think lol.

Xforce is a fairly cheapish option, although they have been known to make the DC5 platform lose power with their headers. I feel your pain im a uni studnt as well but theres always good second hand branded stuff floating around so you just have to keep your eye out. One thing to note is that brands like fujitsubo for example tune their exhausts to get the signature sound they make, the cheaper alternatives are usually a "kinder surprise" as to how they will actually sound (if the welds dont break on you first :p).

act_gooner
27-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Lol, I like your kinder surprise analogy. What about Skunk2 megapower exhausts? Its possible to pick them up for a decent price on ebay, but are they a gamble as well?

EVLGTR
27-04-2011, 07:37 PM
It comes down to this thing called "SELF ESTEEM"
Id leave it as stock.
Who cares if its a cannon/gayloop/oem or how expensive and cheap the brands & how ricey it sounds like.

just have the balls to tell people its just a muffler.

stevanbonic
27-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Skunk2 are starting to come out with some decent products lately, i personally like the look of their new megapower header for the DC5 and they are targeting a clever pricepoint just below the buddyclub alternative. As for their catbacks i think you could probably compare them to a buddyclub spec 3, they will be quite loud and i dont think the resonators come with internal sound insulation like the Fujis (note this resonator insulation is what will give an exhaust that nice deep tone WITHOUT any inherent raspiness and will keep the drone down quite a bit). If your after an exhaust on the quieter end id probably say...

twinloop > RM01A > Powergetter > Skunk2 > > J's Racing >Spec 3 > Spoon > Spec 2

Heres a nice stereotypical RSX video from the states, skunk2 is quite loud :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ffgo43bfaY

Super-DA9
27-04-2011, 07:53 PM

Xforce is a fairly cheapish option, although they have been known to make the DC5 platform lose power with their headers. I feel your pain im a uni studnt as well but theres always good second hand branded stuff floating around so you just have to keep your eye out. One thing to note is that brands like fujitsubo for example tune their exhausts to get the signature sound they make, the cheaper alternatives are usually a "kinder surprise" as to how they will actually sound (if the welds dont break on you first :p).

Yeah I'm really happy with my Xforce system. noticeable gains, nice sound (especially with the whole package), quality welds and didn't eat my life savings haha. the only problem I had was installation, the header and cat back didn't line up perfectly where they meet the cat, so I got the local exhaust shop guy to put a short pipe with a slight bend on the cat to make it fit perfect.

apart from that one thing it's been great. :)

TheSaint
27-04-2011, 07:54 PM
just a uni student? how did u get the type-s than? lawl

stevanbonic
27-04-2011, 07:58 PM
just a uni student? how did u get the type-s than? lawl

hehe i work hard for my toys :p

TheSaint
27-04-2011, 08:11 PM
good to hear man =D

Vvvtec
27-04-2011, 08:18 PM
There's a complete Mugen Twinloop exhaust for sale in the for sale section... Like $500 only. Same goes for a complete Skunk2 megapower setup.

act_gooner
27-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Skunk2 are starting to come out with some decent products lately, i personally like the look of their new megapower header for the DC5 and they are targeting a clever pricepoint just below the buddyclub alternative. As for their catbacks i think you could probably compare them to a buddyclub spec 3, they will be quite loud and i dont think the resonators come with internal sound insulation like the Fujis (note this resonator insulation is what will give an exhaust that nice deep tone WITHOUT any inherent raspiness and will keep the drone down quite a bit). If your after an exhaust on the quieter end id probably say...

twinloop > RM01A > Powergetter > Skunk2 > > J's Racing >Spec 3 > Spoon > Spec 2

That sounded so nice *drool*.

To charliebrown, you can get a Skunk2 Universal exhaust for like $160 on ebay, not too shabby.

TheSaint
27-04-2011, 08:32 PM
There's a complete Mugen Twinloop exhaust for sale in the for sale section... Like $500 only. Same goes for a complete Skunk2 megapower setup.

catback or diff back?

Vvvtec
27-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Both cat backs

TheSaint
27-04-2011, 08:40 PM
mmm im chasing a diff back to put on my EG =p

my mugen catback for my dc2 cost $1550 back in the day sigh

EVLGTR
27-04-2011, 08:51 PM

Man, that video is loud, thumbs up for the owner if he was passing me on a circuit, sounds nice!.

The sound of police siren was even nicer as one car with the similar tone decided to tailgate me then overtook me last easter weekend :D

chauster
28-04-2011, 05:47 PM

I have my whole catback mugen twinloop for 550 including a free cat, yet I have no interests.

Cartoon
30-04-2011, 11:53 AM
J's racing titanium series FTW :)

Different look, different sound and light as all fk

TheSaint
02-05-2011, 12:34 AM
I have my whole catback mugen twinloop for 550 including a free cat, yet I have no interests.

good lord thats cheap - i would pay that just for the axel-back if i had the money

Draban
03-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Well i have had all three on my Integra and i have loved the twin and the canon, both had unique sounds. I'm loving the Canon at the moment but i do have a restricter in there so i can creep up when i need to. I been thinking lately of the twin exhaust one down each side lately just to stand out. I know a lot of people where i live would see it go wtf! :p

But in the end who cares as long as you love it :p

v-tec bro
04-05-2011, 12:13 AM
to be honest. im liking the look of the canon on the integra. i reckon it suits the car really well. sounds wise. i like the sound of v-tec with maybe just a CAI.

l9emup
19-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Put the lid back on dude, all your doing is losing power by having the filter exposed to the engine like that. I know from experience, I ran my open airbox for a week weeks before upgrading to an Injen CAI.

And no, stock box + filter sounds nothing like a legit CAI. It's a sounds that has to be heard to be believed/experienced. Sounds amazing.

TRueeeeeeeeee that!!

Latino CRX
20-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Twin Tip .. but love the Twin loop look on the DC2's

heres a pic of my DA9 with twin tip

Note : since this pic i have refabbed and re welded the exhaust so it was flush with the lower part of the rear bar
stupid exhaust center stuffed it up i should just done it myself from the start