PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] New euro new problems =[

Lazarus
27-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi all!
I just recently purchased a 05 euro lux from a honda dealer but unfortunately found a few problems =X

Biggest issue (main probem) is that the front passenger door doesn't lock/unlock with the rest of the car from using the key, remote, lock/unlock button inside the car... so i called the dealership and arranged a check, but it's still counted under warranty right??

Thanks!

LaZ

tony1234
27-04-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm sure you're covered for 3 mths.1500kms.from date of purchase if bought from a motor dealer.

BraXta
27-04-2011, 10:12 AM
probably the lock actuator is stuffed... get them to fix it if its stuffed

aaronng
27-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Contact the dealer ASAP. Easy fix and it is a common problem. I actually kept a spare door lock actuator at home just in case it happens to my Euro too.

Lazarus
27-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the replies!

But another problem arose...
As i was driving tonight (just then) the engine shut down on me 4-5 times. Once was when turning an intersection
Once when turning on the heater to unfog the window
Another time when turning on AC
Another time just engine shut down...

The dealer is at rockdale and i live in the western suburbs so im scared to shtz to drive all the way there, what options do i have?
I bought this car on Tuesday...so..i still have plenty of time under warranty.

Edit:
Also, when unlocking/locking the car with the remote, the lights only blink some times....if that may assist in solving any of this problem/s.

Thank you

trism
27-04-2011, 09:08 PM
well, considering how we have already told you to go back to the dealer, i think you shouldnt worry about asking any more questions, and ring the dealer up first thing in the morning,

azn_k3nt
27-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Dealer

Auto sparkie

or DIY :) buy the parts off ebay

espionage85
27-04-2011, 10:33 PM
if it was me, id drive it to the dealership n park it right in the showroom and make them give my money back...
maybe the car floated down from QLD while the floods were on n screwed all electricals..

Lazarus
27-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks for all the feedback.
I called the dealership up earlier this morning and booked a service to check out the door problem on wednesday, but I'll get a second opinion from a trusted mechanic to do a full sweep and see how that works.

SPQR
27-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the replies!

But another problem arose...
As i was driving tonight (just then) the engine shut down on me 4-5 times. Once was when turning an intersection
Once when turning on the heater to unfog the window
Another time when turning on AC
Another time just engine shut down...

The dealer is at rockdale and i live in the western suburbs so im scared to shtz to drive all the way there, what options do i have?
I bought this car on Tuesday...so..i still have plenty of time under warranty.

Edit:
Also, when unlocking/locking the car with the remote, the lights only blink some times....if that may assist in solving any of this problem/s.

Thank you

I had these problems with my car. Do your car's instruments go crazy and shut-down as well? My car ended up requiring a replacement alternator. Not cheap if you have to pay.

Lazarus
27-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Yeh every light started to flicker and whatnot, and just shut down..Since i bought the car yesterday, Collins Honda should be liable to fix it. But frankly, after almost getting in an accident once for myself, and another with my family on board, I don't particularly want to drive it 45 minutes to the dealership.

Added:
But after bringing the car home after the whole 4 engine shut downs, a mate gave it a whirl and had no problems. It makes no sense.

And i understand that calling the dealer will make things better, but at this current time, trying to find some solutions to get a peace of mind would be good, but again thank you all for the replies.

Lazarus
28-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Sorry for double post, Would they still respect the warranty if i get it checked out by my mechanic to find if there are any additional faults?

Fredoops
28-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Sorry for double post, Would they still respect the warranty if i get it checked out by my mechanic to find if there are any additional faults?

as long as the mechanic dont fix anything...

they dont have to know....

Lazarus
28-04-2011, 09:32 PM
@SPQR: I'm just curious, since you had the similar problem? Did the mechanic u went to detect the error on the computer?
I'm just really worried that the dealership will find no problems and do nothing

@Fredoops: thx for the tip! I spoken to my mechanic over the phone bcuz hes booked out, but thinks that its some issue with the RPM whilst idling (?)

BraXta
28-04-2011, 10:09 PM
ive seen that happen...mine did it once or twice then i havent had that ever happen again lol.... nfi what it was either...

Lazarus
28-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Do you mean the engine switching off while driving BraXta?

Also: if anyone else has any opinions on the whole engine shutting down, i'd love to hear it, just so i can mention it to the dealer as a suggestion.

tony1234
29-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Do you mean the engine switching off while driving BraXta?

Also: if anyone else has any opinions on the whole engine shutting down, i'd love to hear it, just so i can mention it to the dealer as a suggestion.

Could be ignition relay.I had this on a Subaru Liberty.Random engine cutting out,real pain in the ass.

kural7
01-05-2011, 06:18 PM
like some1 mentioned above drive it into the showroom and ask for your money back. the blinking of your lights its related to weather all your doors or locked or not. and since one of your doors actuators are playing up if that door is locked and you hit unlock it might not blink up or vice versa if it is unlocked and you hit lock it might not blink up as all door locks are not down.my driver door actuator is gone i just make do with sticking the key in an twisting it open. too expensive to get it fixed by dealer.

Lazarus
01-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Yeh if it wasn't under warranty i would've left it alone, but since its still under warranty it should be fine.
lol and if i could take it into the showroom and demand my money back i would, but have to give them an opportunity to fix it i suppose.
nevertheless, took it to the dealership yesterday so ill call the service centre on monday to confirm that they recieved the keys and the paper in which i wrote all the faults/info etc.

SPQR
02-05-2011, 12:15 AM
like some1 mentioned above drive it into the showroom and ask for your money back. the blinking of your lights its related to weather all your doors or locked or not. and since one of your doors actuators are playing up if that door is locked and you hit unlock it might not blink up or vice versa if it is unlocked and you hit lock it might not blink up as all door locks are not down.my driver door actuator is gone i just make do with sticking the key in an twisting it open. too expensive to get it fixed by dealer.

The door lock actuator can be purchased from the USA for less than $20 plus freight (or shipping as the yanks call it). A lot cheaper than the $190 is was quoted by Honda. Then you just have to get it installed but you're ahead on the cost of the part.

tron07
02-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Could be ignition relay.I had this on a Subaru Liberty.Random engine cutting out,real pain in the ass.

One of my previous car had this issue around 10 years old time. Own it from new, never had any problem with engine cutting off until around 10 years, and at the lights I have to keep the revs up or it will die. Trun out to be trottle body issues.

Lazarus
02-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Well i took it in on Saturday so they can have a look at it on when the open today.
They called back today saying they fixed the central locking issue, but the engine shutting down was apparently a battery problem, so they replaced the battery and their foreman will be driving it to his own place as a test.
I didn't really figure it would be a battery problem since the car would start back up easily...but..i guess I have to trust them.

tron07
03-05-2011, 09:26 AM
I doubt a weak battery cause the problem but if they give you a new battery, why not? if the problem occurs again, get them to fix it again and you still have a new battery.

tony1234
03-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Well i took it in on Saturday so they can have a look at it on when the open today.
They called back today saying they fixed the central locking issue, but the engine shutting down was apparently a battery problem, so they replaced the battery and their foreman will be driving it to his own place as a test.
I didn't really figure it would be a battery problem since the car would start back up easily...but..i guess I have to trust them.

Hmmmm.doesn't sound like the battery to me but as you said you'll just have to trust them.

Lazarus
03-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Yeh...Can't really argue much since their foreman took it home as a test drive under normal conditions. They said it was running fine although they felt some vibrations at around 70km/h so they're checking the brake lining or something.
God, sucks not having a car.
But at least i got a replacement battery

rayd17
03-05-2011, 10:23 PM
best thing is to just let the dealer handle with it, or i think you have a 24 hr cooling off period within your contract but im not sure if that applies once you take it off the lot..

it pays to always do a revs check these days ..

being a repairable write off / flood damage doesnt always mean its bad.

sometimes cars get written off as flood damage ... even though it has only been rained heavilly and hailed upon...

its only when you have the half cuts joined together when you really see a problem or something thats heavilly worked on !!!!

nonetheless, the 3month 5000km dealer warranty standard here in qld should haver something similar to you and hence use it to your full ability as this is what its made for ! g. luck !

Fredoops
05-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Didn't you get your own mechanic to do a check on the car before you took delivery?

WarrenM
06-05-2011, 07:09 AM

My understanding is that emergency replacements due to a warranty failure are covered, but I would never undertake it without authorisation from Honda. It happened to me with a Toyota vehicle several years ago - car lost all power driving up a mountainside. Ended up getting an interim check and repair at a mechanic at the top of the mountain (barely got there) and then limped 100km to Brisbane City Toyota - ended up with a new automatic transmission and refund of my expenses at the top of the mountain.

Regards
Warren

Lazarus
06-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Thx for all the help.
Got my car back with a new battery, fixed the central locking they even refitted the caliper because the foreman found vibrations while driving 60-70km/s.
All under warranty, was great!

adhunt99
08-05-2011, 11:11 PM
The dealer is obliged to fix all material faults within 3 months of purchase by law. Check the office of fair trading website for information and if you have any probems give the OFT a call. Sounds like you're sorted tho so that's good. I had the exact same issue with front left door lock actuator with mine when I bought it from a dealer and they fixed it.

Lazarus
08-06-2011, 10:11 PM
I doubt a weak battery cause the problem but if they give you a new battery, why not? if the problem occurs again, get them to fix it again and you still have a new battery.

Well after a month, guess it happened again (almost) car went hell weak (or died) then revived itself? but engine light, VSA, ABS, VSA (off light) and handbrake light came on...

turned it off then back on minutes later, was perfectly fine... regardless, took it to the dealers again. guess we'll see what their verdict is...

tron07
09-06-2011, 09:42 AM
wonky 6-7 year old alternator perhaps?

k24
09-06-2011, 09:49 AM
how much for the actuator? I need couple for my euro

Fredoops
09-06-2011, 10:15 AM

Honda dealer: hundreds of dollars
Ebay: 50 bucks.

Lazarus
09-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Yeh on the sheet they gave me, they whiteout-ed the prices since it was covered under warranty but of course you can still tell lol
The actuator they charged was ~$133. Battery was ~$130

Lazarus
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
So..got my car back, and they said nothing was wrong with the actuator.
They checked with HDS and found fault code:
P0685 ECM/PCM Internal Circuit Malfunction.

They just reseted the ECU and apparently it was fine.

So...idk not much left, just praying that it doesn't happen again i suppose.

But if anyone can shed some light on that error code, would be fantastic.

Fredoops
10-06-2011, 02:18 PM
check wirings, you might have a short somewhere... or worse... wire erosion/corrosion.

tknova
12-06-2011, 05:57 PM
So..got my car back, and they said nothing was wrong with the actuator.
They checked with HDS and found fault code:
P0685 ECM/PCM Internal Circuit Malfunction.

They just reseted the ECU and apparently it was fine.

So...idk not much left, just praying that it doesn't happen again i suppose.

But if anyone can shed some light on that error code, would be fantastic.

Hey,

This is a pretty expensive code - Lucky you have dealer warranty. I can just about guarantee that the ECM is on it's way, common for ECM/PCM/BCM's to go.

If it happens again, which i'm pretty confident it will, a new ECM is on order. Assumption this would cost around $2500 with programming?

Lazarus
12-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Ahhh shiet u serious? 2500?
Anyway to avoid it or whatnot?

tony1234
13-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Hey,

This is a pretty expensive code - Lucky you have dealer warranty. I can just about guarantee that the ECM is on it's way, common for ECM/PCM/BCM's to go.

If it happens again, which i'm pretty confident it will, a new ECM is on order. Assumption this would cost around $2500 with programming?

^^^As above.I googled that fault code and it's an ECM issue.Apparently with that fault code if it's cleared it may never come back,but if it does!!!Replacement ECM

tknova
13-06-2011, 11:13 AM
^^^As above.I googled that fault code and it's an ECM issue.Apparently with that fault code if it's cleared it may never come back,but if it does!!!Replacement ECM

Spot on, Look out for other troubles, like central locking going crazy when driving, interior lights not turning off and the like. This could an all be attributed to the ECM. Make sure you speak to your dealer and ensure, if this problem occurs again, or any other problem occurs due to the ECM failing, it's covered under warranty.

Lazarus
13-06-2011, 12:23 PM
oo thx for the info
Fingers crossed!
3-4 days and nothing so far =]

tron07
14-06-2011, 11:04 AM
keep all the receipts incase it fails after the warranty period. then you can still claim its was faulty when you purchase it as it keep on failing.

alz_275
16-06-2011, 11:20 AM
bought my 05 euro from collins in rockdale, had problems with the front passenger door lock like you and collins said there was nothing wrong with it. Also tried to get them to fix my wiper spray and they couldn't even do that. Absolutely hopeless!!They told me if i wanted to keep warranty i had to bring the car back to them for service, and then when i moved to bris i asked them if I had to come back for my extended warranty and they told me i could go to any honda. If i had my way i'd go back and smash the place!

Lazarus
16-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Yeh...pretty dodge.
I'm due for a 100k service. I'll prob get it done @ Trivett Parra. Was considering Hanny's but not too sure. Rockdale is a pain to get to.

tony1234
16-06-2011, 12:14 PM
bought my 05 euro from collins in rockdale, had problems with the front passenger door lock like you and collins said there was nothing wrong with it. Also tried to get them to fix my wiper spray and they couldn't even do that. Absolutely hopeless!!They told me if i wanted to keep warranty i had to bring the car back to them for service, and then when i moved to bris i asked them if I had to come back for my extended warranty and they told me i could go to any honda. If i had my way i'd go back and smash the place!

Hmmm,i've had nothing but good experiences for the last 20 odd years with Collins Honda.

Lazarus
16-06-2011, 12:42 PM
I guess it depends on the day/situation i suppose.
So far it's not too bad, but pretty disappointed that my car isn't as great as others. But so far, they have helped me quite abit. pretty bummed they didn't check the other problems i listed but they still did something.

alz_275
17-06-2011, 07:46 AM
at least you got more than me.