PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] Does your heater smell like pee when you initially turn it on

binhcat
27-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Just wonder if anyone has this problem. My heater smells a tad like pee or damp clothes when I initially turn it on. It goes away after the heater has been on for a few minutes.

Does anyone know what this smell is or where it's coming from?
I didn't get my air filter in the glove box replaced during my recent service. Could this be it?

trism
27-04-2011, 05:32 PM
its because the cabin filter needs replacing, just like you think.

azn_k3nt
27-04-2011, 06:31 PM
O.o...where is the cabin filter located? hahaha didnt know one existed hahah

Fredoops
27-04-2011, 07:10 PM
O.o...where is the cabin filter located? hahaha didnt know one existed hahah

Above the glovebox, see your owners manual;)

azn_k3nt
27-04-2011, 10:14 PM
ta found it...cheers man

SPQR
27-04-2011, 11:42 PM
If you drive with the windows down for extended periods in a moist air environment, the HVAC system can grow mould.

binhcat
29-04-2011, 08:04 AM
If you drive with the windows down for extended periods in a moist air environment, the HVAC system can grow mould.

I took my out recently and just gave it a quick vacuum but I guess that doesn't really help remove the odour. Looks like I have to replace it with a new one.

tron07
29-04-2011, 11:10 AM
I took my out recently and just gave it a quick vacuum but I guess that doesn't really help remove the odour. Looks like I have to replace it with a new one.

I took out the filter from my CL9, switch on the aircond and gave the hole a burst of Glade/Oust product that kills germs, eliminate odors, etc... Got rid of the smell for a while. Come to think of it, havent had the smell for a while, probably due to cooler weather. Use my aircond all the time with temp set to 22-24. Still using the same filter that came with the car, clean it a few times, its not dirty anyway, but I think its time to change it soon, going to 5 years soon.

aaronng
29-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah, you need to clean out the mould and crap that is in your air con first. Then after that, always turn off the A/C but let the fan blow for a 2-3 minutes before you turn the engine off.

BTW, read this: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?87104-Bad-Aircon-Smell&highlight=air+con+smell

Closed.