PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help me with cold air intake?

jenskies
28-04-2011, 02:24 PM
I recently bought a dc5 and it has cold air intake installed. but lately its been raining heaps and i heard that if we drive in the rain, the cold air intake sucks in water into the engine and blows up the engine, is that true guyss? :S

Also i heard that we can buy a "injen hydroshield", i dont know anything about that, is it reliablee? can we still drive in the rain?

steeeven
28-04-2011, 02:42 PM
the engine won't blow up it'll hydro lock,

gumus89
28-04-2011, 02:44 PM
The only way you can suck up water and hydraulic lock the engine is if the filter is completely immersed in water. So heavy rain wont do it, driving in a knee deep puddle of water will. Dont drive through puddles and all will be well.

trism
28-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Please use the search function. There is a great thread in the noob section about this very issue.

no your engine wont blow up. No it wont hydrolock. It wont have anything bad happen to it unless you drive through a river.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.

TheSaint
28-04-2011, 02:48 PM
this has been covered so many times - please search

you literally have to dump the whole front corner of your car into a puddle ... the filter/pipe has to be COMPLETELY submerged to hydrolock

little bits of water or a wet filter wont effect the engine - if anything it brings the intake temps down a bit

CLOSED