PDA

View Full Version : injen intake

adammet04
01-02-2005, 01:31 PM
hey found this application list, with pics of some of the intakes four euro's and other hondas. posting it here for others to find....

http://www.injen.com/application_intakes.html

im thinking about the RD one, looks pretty good !

thanks !

Newgas
01-02-2005, 01:44 PM
I just happened to stumble across this site...might be useful too
http://www.pryor-place.com/honda/TSXInjenCAI_DIY.htm
there's a vid/sound clip at bottom.

REV888
01-02-2005, 01:46 PM
hey found this application list, with pics of some of the intakes four euro's and other hondas. posting it here for others to find....

http://www.injen.com/application_intakes.html

im thinking about the RD one, looks pretty good !

thanks !

I to would go for the RD one as well but where would you get them in Sydney or you have to orser from US ?

Pum[Z]
01-02-2005, 02:11 PM
For Injen products u have to order them from America... There are some shops on ebay.com that sell Injen CAI.. U just have to send the money through paypal..

I know i had to buy my Injen CAI thru America coz no one sells em in OZ...

REV888
01-02-2005, 02:30 PM
']For Injen products u have to order them from America... There are some shops on ebay.com that sell Injen CAI.. U just have to send the money through paypal..

I know i had to buy my Injen CAI thru America coz no one sells em in OZ...

Did you Install it yourself or got a workshop to do it ? & does your "Honda Warrenty" get effected by this Mod ?

Pum[Z]
01-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Did you Install it yourself or got a workshop to do it ? & does your "Honda Warrenty" get effected by this Mod ?

Installed it myself & 2 of my friends... Was a bit tricky but in the end it all works... Mine is running short ram pod style.. I can't be stuffed taking off my bumper to put the piping to the bottom.. I will do it when i have nothing better to do...

Honda Warranty well sort off.. Ur air intake now is not under warranty... Or anything to do with the air intake.. But everything else is still under warranty... U shouldn't have any prb with Injen & K&N CAI coz they have researched & trial tested it so it can't go wrong...

cmf
01-02-2005, 02:44 PM
It's easy to install yourself. I can get a write up w/ pics for those interested. Also, if enough of you guys get together to buy, I am willing to help out, maybe can get a better deal on shipping rates. I helped out a guy in Bosnia to get one as well. Saved him money on the Intake and shipping. Let me know and I'll find out the best price through different contacts and shops here in the US.

REV888
01-02-2005, 02:47 PM
It's easy to install yourself. I can get a write up w/ pics for those interested. Also, if enough of you guys get together to buy, I am willing to help out, maybe can get a better deal on shipping rates. I helped out a guy in Bosnia to get one as well. Saved him money on the Intake and shipping. Let me know and I'll find out the best price through different contacts and shops here in the US.

Thanks CMF :D:D Sounds Good to me ;)

yfin
01-02-2005, 03:58 PM
']U shouldn't have any prb with Injen & K&N CAI coz they have researched & trial tested it so it can't go wrong...

The only risk is increased chance of hydrolock. Sure it is a relatively small risk but if it happens goodbye engine and Honda will not help you.

adammet04
01-02-2005, 06:31 PM
ok

wtf is hydrolock ??

is it when the water travels up the intake into the engine causing the engine to seize ??

if so, then how many times has this happened to people i wonder, what sort of risk are we talking, i sometimes drive my car in heavy rain and occasionally through puddles (not intentional).. are these candidates for environments when hydrolock occurs ???

would the short ram have less of a chance of hydrolock as it is more mounted in the engine bay??

cheers

viperx
01-02-2005, 06:33 PM
a short ram has just as much chance of hydrolock as the stock intake yes

EuroAccord13
01-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Hydrolock occurs when water enters the engine...With Cold Air Intakes, Hydrolock will occur if the filter is totally submerged under water...

yfin
01-02-2005, 07:23 PM
It can happen - I was reading on one of the US forums about a chap who hydrolocked his Mazda 6 with a cold air intake whilst driving through a deep puddle whilst turning a corner. He didn't see it as it was late at night.

Ideally - if you are going into puddles deep enough to suck up water, you shouldn't be there in the first place. The problem is - sometimes this sort of stuff happens by accident during storms, etc. Roads in some areas get flooded quickly - deep potholes can be disguised - and you are caught by surprise.

I prefer the K&N to the INJEN as it has a drycharger - sure that doesn't prevent hydrolock but it does something.

This quote is from the Injen web site. http://www.injen.com/faq.html

Will water enter my engine if I install a cold air intake?No, although water can enter the engine if the filter becomes submerged in water. Rain splashes and small puddles generally do not cause hydrolock. If the filter becomes submerged in water it could cause hydrolock and cause damage to the engine. We do not recommend driving through deep puddles and or floods. Most filters lie 12-14 inches above the ground. You may add a device to prevent hydrolock but cutting the intake system for installation will void our manufacturers warranty.

Pum[Z]
01-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah HydroLocking can happen...

Its like all things modifying cars there are risks that u have to take into account and u have to take precautions. Its like lowering ur car... If u lower it too much u might scrap the body going over bumps.. Thats why u take precautions so it won't be a risk...

I used a short ram in my previous car for 5 years and nothing happened to it. If u get a injen u can put short ram style during winter and in summer put the full CAI style. If ur scared of HydroLocking...

EuroAccord13
01-02-2005, 11:10 PM
I run my K&N Typhoon CAI all season round for almost a year now... no problems whatsoever even in heavy rain.... :D

cmf
02-02-2005, 02:59 AM
For those interested, I did some price searching. While I am still waiting on a few replies, thus far the best deal I got was if 3+ people buy one, price will be:

220 USD for black polished
210 USD for silver polished

These are prices shipped anywhere within the US. Again, if you guys want or need help with shipping, I can send it to you via USPS, which is not expensive. I think I sent the same package to Bosnia for 60-80 USD. I'd have to find the paperwork for it.
Not sure what prices you guys have there, but maybe this way will save some $$$

hondar
02-02-2005, 08:30 AM
There is comptech icebox as well

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/330135.html. i have contact with comptech dealer in US for comptech stuff..

http://www.comptechusa.com/comptech/media/330-155.jpg

Just to let u know. :D

stephen8512
08-02-2005, 09:23 AM
']Installed it myself & 2 of my friends... Was a bit tricky but in the end it all works... Mine is running short ram pod style.. I can't be stuffed taking off my bumper to put the piping to the bottom.. I will do it when i have nothing better to do...

Honda Warranty well sort off.. Ur air intake now is not under warranty... Or anything to do with the air intake.. But everything else is still under warranty... U shouldn't have any prb with Injen & K&N CAI coz they have researched & trial tested it so it can't go wrong...

hmmm just to ask a noob question, does it matter if the CAI is running on short ram pod style? or do u get more power if u do the full piping to the bottom?

stephen8512
08-02-2005, 09:24 AM
oh and also i found the injen RD1430P CAI on ebay goin for 205.80 US
is that cheap or RRP?

REV888
08-02-2005, 09:34 AM
hmmm just to ask a noob question, does it matter if the CAI is running on short ram pod style? or do u get more power if u do the full piping to the bottom?

Well if you have a short ram pod all you would be sucking in is engine heat if you thinkabout it where as the full piping to the bottom would suck in cold air.

When I had my Alfa Romeo 147 I had a K&N setup where I would suck cold in right under the bottem of the engine bay!

A boy did it sound good got a extra kw too :D :D

stephen8512
08-02-2005, 10:47 AM
hmm
is it difficult to pull apart the front bar? and do the HID washers come off with the bar?

Pum[Z]
08-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Stephen...

Short ram pod style the throaty sound is actually much louder then CAI style. The only problem is that in short ram pod style u do suck in hot air that is circulating from the engine bay. If u do CAI it sucks from the bottom left of the Bumper. Thats why if u have a Mugen Bodykit there will be plenty cool airflow straight to the air filter itself...

Thats the good thing of Injen u can change it to either CAI or Short ram pod style.

No installing it is not that hard. U have to take ur bumper off to remove the standard resonator & airbox piping. Then it will be piece of cake to install the CAI. Yes the washers do come off...

Do a search on the internet for a guide how to install the injen CAI or remove the bumper...

stephen8512
08-02-2005, 03:02 PM
']Stephen...

Short ram pod style the throaty sound is actually much louder then CAI style. The only problem is that in short ram pod style u do suck in hot air that is circulating from the engine bay. If u do CAI it sucks from the bottom left of the Bumper. Thats why if u have a Mugen Bodykit there will be plenty cool airflow straight to the air filter itself...

Thats the good thing of Injen u can change it to either CAI or Short ram pod style.

No installing it is not that hard. U have to take ur bumper off to remove the standard resonator & airbox piping. Then it will be piece of cake to install the CAI. Yes the washers do come off...

Do a search on the internet for a guide how to install the injen CAI or remove the bumper...

PUM[Z] mate, thanks again. hahah following in ur footsteps. im also gettin my mugen kit in about 2 months time and im going to order the INJEN cai from ebay in about a weeks time
how much did u get ur RD1430P CAI for? i found one for about 205.80. is that cheap in ur opinion?

Pum[Z]
08-02-2005, 03:53 PM
I got mine for US$230 but i got mine like 9 months ago...

The price that u got i think is quite good...

aaronng
08-02-2005, 04:40 PM
The short ram pod is meant to be used with a bonnet scoop for maximum effectiveness. I'll stick to stock for the moment though, until the weather settles.

EuroAccord13
08-02-2005, 07:08 PM
... Nothing wrong with my Typhoon CAI... You know the Melbourne weather now... It's shocking but my car still drives :P

kitbkk
12-08-2005, 03:56 PM
I ve seen some people taking the front left wheel out for the installation of Injen CAI.. Is it necessary??

PERTH_EURO
12-08-2005, 05:22 PM
there is lots of info about that question on here.

My personal experiance when i installed mine i didnt take the wheel off

stephen8512
12-08-2005, 08:58 PM
same goes here
put wheel on full lock to the right and opened the guard flap to remove resonator

kitbkk
21-02-2006, 10:46 PM
i just DIY it myself today by using the removing the fron bumper method and I got a question... After I took the resonator off, I couldnt take the inlet air duct off the hole (I hope you guys know what I mean). So I just left the air duct there and just turned it forward a lil bit.. Can anyone help me out how to get this annoying air duct off.. And another question, I read from http://www.pryor-place.com/honda/TSXInjenCAI_DIY.htm and he said there is another part thats needed to be taken off aswell,,, i am wondering what that part is?? thanks guys much appreciate..

EuroAccord13
21-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Drop me a PM if you still can't figure it out, I can help you out since you are in Melbourne as I've done the CAI from K&N and CompTech :)

coyote
22-02-2006, 12:05 AM
Last weekend I installed the K&N Typhoon in my Luxury. It can be a bit fiddly, but not impossible. I wouldn't go with an short ram intake, it just sucks hot air in from the engine bay and, if anything, will decrease your power. Sure it sounds good, but it's useless... Better off with OEM.

You'll notice once you've installed it that the pod is fairly well protected behind the bumper. It's very unlikely, or unlucky, if it were to be completely submerged in water. Years ago in my CE Lancer, I had removed the guard lining after an arguement with a tree ;) and went through a puddle at 40kmph... the engine seized and the car was a write off! And that was completely factory, no mods at all! Sh!t happens...

I'd certainly recommend the K&N Typhoon - it sounds awesome! Plus, you can order one direct from Rocket Industries in Sydney and it won't cost as much for freight. Check out my post here if you're interested: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38087