PDA

View Full Version : EM1 Exhaust.

BennyH
30-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Hey, been searching around but not sure what sort of exhaust to get for my EM1. Was planning on getting just an axle back but pretty hard for EM1s. I'm after just some sound, not too worried on gaining power as long as i'm not losing any. Can anyone recommend me places for axle backs ? And no cannons, they sound too whacked.

trism
30-04-2011, 12:35 AM
DDepends on your budget.

could go get a custom made axel back, or just find a 2nd hand one on the forums. Id probably rather do that.

BennyH
30-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Not too sure on how much they set back, but probably $250-350 ? How much is it for custom do you think ?

SuperJDM.
30-04-2011, 12:41 AM
like trism said it all depends on your budget.

I mean i dont think just a axel back alone with stock piping will sound that great...

tell us your budget itll make it easier for us to help

mugen_ctr
30-04-2011, 01:10 AM
its harder to find em1 cat backs as most are for ek's, main difference being the extension of the piping over the control arm. Axle back will be much quieter, so if ur after that, than stick with it. Cat back is more performance orientated mod, but with that comes the need for better headers an high flow cat later down the track. AFAIK, the only company that still does it in Aust is Xforce, other wise u need to look overseas, USA as thats where its origin is.

As for prefab system, there is Apex-i, Tanabe, RSR, Megan and few others i forgot to mention
Buying these system brand new is quite expensive! and also add shipping than its closer to 800 or more
But if ur just wanting a axle back, u can always just buy the universal mufflers from those mentioned companies an get a exhaust joint to fit it for you

The only problem with custom is the quality of welding, which can be very questionable! But so long as u buy a good muffler, not a ebay or monza one, u should b alright

dougie_504
01-05-2011, 12:18 AM
We can keep discussing in your other thread if you need to.