PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Jazz

CivicVTI
30-04-2011, 03:56 PM
I was wondering how they are? I'm looking at the VTI Auto model and what price I should be aiming for. I know they just came out and information may be scarce. But would just like some opinions on the car.

Rbidds
09-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Hi CivicVTI,

I just joined the forum today - are you still thinking about the Jazz? I bought one of the earliest MY11, taking delivery on 24 Dec 10.

cheers,

rbidds

Liger
15-08-2011, 04:34 PM
I got a Jazz too, still no confirmed delivery date...FML

GU357
21-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Welcome RBidds.

so how much did they ask you? when u filled out the forms?

ACE888
22-08-2011, 04:07 PM
What are the key differences between a MY11 and say a MY09 model?

And say How hard should I be able to bargain? Will 22K for a new VtiS auto be acheivable? (I live in Sydney ftw).

Rbidds
23-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Diffs between 09 and 11 VTI-S (mine was delivered very late 2010 but is a MY11 plate):
-Vehicle Stability Assist

Just recently, there's a 'new MY11' that's received a bit of a face lift (plastics are a bit more 'boy racer' + USB and Bluetooth) and they say the prices have dropped a bit for the VTI-S. The basics of the car are unchanged from the 'early MY11' though.

I paid $23500 for a VTI-S Auto in Metallic Silver with Bluetooth; 5yr warranty and roadside assist, rego, insurance, the lot. So I'd say that should be the absolute upper limit for a new one. I was happy with the price and love the car. It's our city car but we've driven Canberra to Brisbane and it does a great job on the highway too - third gear + revs is the ticket for quick overtaking.

Looking at the spec levels, the VTI is now a LOT more attractive than it was and many seem to think that the $1000 increase to the VTI-S for a spoiler isn't worth it. I'd agree except that the VTI-S has flappy paddle shifters for the auto. That's the sole reason I went for the VTI-S as I reckon it gives you three ways to drive the car. It's a great little 5 sp auto in D, usefully sportier in S, and a pretty damn good manual (holds gears to rev limiter, doesn't change down except when stopping) when you use the paddle shifters (in S). FWIW the VTI-S also comes with 16" wheels, so it probably handles a little better through the corners.

So, apart from the VSA, there's not much substantially different between the MY09 and MY11 models. The latest MY11 models have Bluetooth and USB standard but I've found a US site selling an apparently OEM USB kit for the standard radio and the Honda Bluetooth is a dealer fit accessory - so you could add both of these to an older 09 if you wanted.

If you're considering a small car (albeit with amazing space inside), the Jazz is the best on the market.

cheers,

rbidds

ACE888
23-08-2011, 03:49 PM
If you're considering a small car (albeit with amazing space inside), the Jazz is the best on the market.

Thanks for the detailed comments and your purchase price guide.

I use to own a 2003 Jazz VtiS, bought it new, had it for 4 years (did 135,000 kms too ;) ) before it got written off one night when some pr!ck crashed into it when it was parked, and that pr!ck drove away - definitely a large 4wd or ute with bull bars. Yes I agree that the Jazz's are probably one of the best small cars out there and that's why I want to get back into one. [I'm just waiting for my current ride to blow up first].

GU357
24-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Thanks for the detailed comments and your purchase price guide.

I use to own a 2003 Jazz VtiS, bought it new, had it for 4 years (did 135,000 kms too ;) ) before it got written off one night when some pr!ck crashed into it when it was parked, and that pr!ck drove away - definitely a large 4wd or ute with bull bars. Yes I agree that the Jazz's are probably one of the best small cars out there and that's why I want to get back into one. [I'm just waiting for my current ride to blow up first].

about the blowing up, i think i can arrange that...
did u want any body particular to be in the car when this random combustion occurs?

taxi
24-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Newest Jazz's also now have a 5 star ANCAP Safety Rating.
They are quite expensive but the prices dropped around 2 months ago.
The VTI and VTI-S models also look quite aggressive and as stated before the main difference is the rear wing.
I've had a look and there's another two optional wings for the car. Aero style and Duckbill style! I think it was around $350.00