PDA

View Full Version : B16a idle hunt..need guidance

najdi
02-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Hey guys recently got a crx its got full exhaust system tuned ecu blah blah anyway it had the stock intake on it wen i drove it home n it was fine the next day i put a intake on n it was idle hunting. When i start it in the morning it idles fine at around 1500rpm but as soon as u touch the throttle itl idle hunt.. I read all i could n looked at the tps..anyway on the fitv there was a connecter i disconnected it and it idles fine but through up a engine light..im going to clean all the sensors with carby cleaner n contact cleaner but is it most likely my fitv?

GSi_PSi
02-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Ahmad sounds like vacuum leak like I told you . Put the stock filter on and see what happens then work your way from
There

najdi
02-05-2011, 09:01 AM
4got to mention i disconnected the tps when i installed the air filter n this doesnt have that temp sensor thing that usually sticks into the piping

TheSaint
02-05-2011, 02:54 PM
i would start by checking all the vacc lines, than the FITV under the TB and the seals on the intake tubing etc

najdi
02-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Put stock intake on..same thing..disconnect the fitv n it idles fine but throws a engine light on

najdi
02-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Wow..the little line from the charcoal canister i think thats wat it is came off..now for a test run then a mission to find my bike keys...thanx for the help guys