PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control issue

JN7
02-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Hey guys,
I'm having some troubles with my cruise control.
Before today, when I have cruise control locked in.. I just tap on the brakes and then cruise control would be deactivated.
Today, while I was driving.. I tapped on the brakes and the speed would drop but then cruise control would stay on and then the speed goes back to where it was set.
Any ideas?

ludecrs
02-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Our cars don't have cruise control unless you / someone prior to your ownership installed it, therefore we really can;t help much.
Having said that though, I know the cruise control in my daily driver does this when the button on the end of the stalk "resumes / remembers" my last cruise control operation because the button is pushed on. Anything like that on yours?

AusS2000
02-05-2011, 04:35 PM
The 'brake to disengage' function is attached to the brake light switch on the brake pedal. Only takes one wire loose to create your symptoms.

JN7
02-05-2011, 07:55 PM
so what happens is.. if i'm going 80.. I'd brake down to 75 and then it'll go bak to 80.
how do I fix the issue?

AusS2000
02-05-2011, 09:22 PM
You could try reading the posts.

dlai5552
03-05-2011, 03:36 AM
You could try reading the posts.

Haha well said.
Btw, how much did a cruise control kit cost you jn7?

vyets
03-05-2011, 08:39 AM
does it also say in that rpm like if you hold the clutch in does it constantly hold that rpm because it could be the cable is stuck and it's holding the throttle open just check the throttle body. Happened to mind lol kind of dangerous that's why I threw mine out.

zhong
03-05-2011, 07:08 PM
I'd say if it was working properly, and you didn't do anything remotely close to the cruise control module, then either:

1. As vyet said, cable might be stuck due to grit and grot.
2. You have a burnt globe that could be on its merry way. This usually causes weird occurences with electronics, especially cruise control purely being sensor based triggers.

Peace.