PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal Problem

SeeBeeR
02-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Long time forum reader but never posted anything. Anyway, i have a problem with my 94 Accord VTI-S.

The turn signals stopped working today (both left and right and both interior and exterior are not flashing). They worked fine yesterday.
I've checked both fuses from under the hood and under the drivers dash and are good. I even replaced them with the spare ones just incase im blind.

The hazard button wont work as well.

What puzzles me is that arming and disarming the alarm will have the signals light up both exterior and interior.

What could be wrong?
Relay? if so, who sells those around Sydney?

Appreciate the help. hate to be those drivers on the road not indicating to merge lanes or turn.

craigosrepz
02-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Could be the relay. But check the plugs under the plastic on the steering wheel column and check the hazard light switch I think if the hazard switch is not plugged in or working properly the indicators don't work. (correct me if im wrong).

Good luck with it.

SeeBeeR
04-05-2011, 09:25 AM
well im hunching it's the relay for now.
i pulled the flasher relay out and the alarm still activates the indicators so i spent the last day and a half calling auto stores and electricians for a replacement relay without success.
ended up having to order one through honda which had to come from melb. bit steep on the price but shall wait and see if it resolves it. will let you know on the outcome.

[edit] i did check hazard button and everything appears to be in place.

trism
04-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Didn't call any decent stores then. Go to Repco, ask for the part numbers 68236bl ($31) or ep34pac ($30) there's plenty available.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.

SeeBeeR
04-05-2011, 01:26 PM
yep went to repco and got that part. they actually dont fit our accords so i had to return it. emailed tridon and they will update their website after they look into it. those ep34 are actually bigger than the oem and dont fit into the housing slot.
honda had one posted from melb and picked that up. it now works so thanks to all.

consider this now solved citing relay issues.

$88 for oem relay from honda if you are curious.