PDA

View Full Version : Spraying Clear Coat Over Clear Coat???

waix
03-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Hey guys so i was painting my car 2 weeks ago and i ran out of clear coat, i did like 1 coat of clear over some of my panels and there's still some spots that need coverage and obviously more coats on top. Will it be fine for me to continue clearing it 3-4 weeks later without rubbing it back with sandpaper? Can i just clean the surface with wax and grease remover/tack cloth and continue spraying the clear on as per usual or do I have to rub it back to base coat or primer and start all over again. Advice from painters would be much appreciated, Cheers.

aznstyler
05-05-2011, 09:02 AM
I got told you can rub it back with 2000 wet sand and then wax/grease and then spary over.

Cartoon
05-05-2011, 12:20 PM
what he said

Zilli
06-05-2011, 02:56 PM
you need to rub it back so the fresh clear coat sticks

some fine grade wed dry will be fine.

chauster
06-05-2011, 09:37 PM
You just paint it as if you were recleaering your car. Even over the panels that you haven't cleared yet. You need to scotch the rest of the panels back so thats the ones with clear and the ones without. When you scotch the ones that don't have clear i would suggest that you put 1 more coat on that panel. And assuming that you have an additional coat of colour on that panel it would be different shade so I would flow the car again with 1 coat of colour and then reclear.