PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this sound system in an ED civic.

90civicGL
05-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Pioneer DEH-7300BT
Alpine SPS-610C Front
Alpine SPS-610 Rear
Hifonics Zues i80 4 Chan amp (80w x 4)
Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700 (1700w @ 1ohm)
x2 Alpine SWS1243D Subs

This is the system i am looking at, The amplifiers are probably a lot more then what i need for the system, what do you guys think. Would it blow up the speakers and subs or can i limit the power coming out?
I know the Brutus can go to 600rms @ 4ohm which is what the subs need but then it seems like a waste running it at that.

The system will probably run me between $1100-1200 + wiring and box.

Opinions or suggestions?

Thanks

arverson
05-05-2011, 01:25 PM
have you heard the speakers in person & compared the sound to others? if you like em, then go for it. its that simple.

if it was up to me with that budget, id do it differently. but thats just me.

just make sure you're happy with the sound of the type-s drivers before buying.

that is all.

90civicGL
05-05-2011, 01:31 PM
I have 2 friends with alpine setups both running type S's, one has type s speakers all around and one sub, and then another has only 2 type s speakers 3 and 1/2" i think and 2 type S subs, although the box is smaller then it should be i think as its a tight fit. So ive heard plenty of type S, but never heard anything else to compare it to. The alpine stuff just seems to be cheap and still good which is more what im after. But if you have any suggestions im happy to hear them, cause im not set to alpine or anything. The only other subs ive heard things about are the rockford p2's, but they are almost twice the price of the type S sub, never heard one in person though.

DC5TYPER
07-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Pioneer DEH-7300BT
Alpine SPS-610C Front
Alpine SPS-610 Rear
Hifonics Zues i80 4 Chan amp (80w x 4)
Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700 (1700w @ 1ohm)
x2 Alpine SWS1243D Subs

This is the system i am looking at, The amplifiers are probably a lot more then what i need for the system, what do you guys think. Would it blow up the speakers and subs or can i limit the power coming out?
I know the Brutus can go to 600rms @ 4ohm which is what the subs need but then it seems like a waste running it at that.

The system will probably run me between $1100-1200 + wiring and box.

Opinions or suggestions?

Thanks

At them prices and by the model numbers it seems to be coming from the States?

Hifonics would be expensive to send back for repair due to shipping. There not that reliable.

Also your Battery and Alternator will have a Heart Attack! with that 1ohm load at 1700w.

You might as well buy Option audio amps from Oz with warranty for a similar price. Alot more piece of mind "if" faults occur.

arverson
10-05-2011, 02:43 PM
with that budget, focus on 'quality over quantity', ie. better fronts instead of mediocre fronts+rears, and 1 better sub instead of 2 lesser ones.

90civicGL
10-05-2011, 02:46 PM
with that budget, focus on 'quality over quantity', ie. better fronts instead of mediocre fronts+rears, and 1 better sub instead of 2 lesser ones.

Wouldnt 2 type S's hit as hard as say 1 type R (double price), but with 2 type S id get more cone area so wouldnt it overall be better?

arverson
10-05-2011, 02:57 PM
its not as simple as that.

thats like saying 2 b18 engines should be more powerfull than a single f1's 2.4L v8 engine..

but if really want 2 type-s' than you can, its your money.

90civicGL
10-05-2011, 04:07 PM
its not as simple as that.

thats like saying 2 b18 engines should be more powerfull than a single f1's 2.4L v8 engine..

but if really want 2 type-s' than you can, its your money.

When you put it like that haha... Im not set on 2, 1 would take up less space i assume, although would need a bigger box. But would be cheaper to ship im guessing. Hmmmm. decisions, decisions...