PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating gear stick?

BlakTegra
10-12-2003, 06:12 PM
My gear stick vibrates when the engine is on. It is most noticable when the car is idling.
Is this normal?
What about everyone else?

Civic Si
10-12-2003, 08:07 PM
Mine vibrates too.

I have a aftermarket type R gear knob which leaves da exposed gear stick. Da gear boot has a chrome lookin piece that vibtrates on da stick which is annoyin, but I reckon it's normal!

tofu R
10-12-2003, 08:12 PM
hehe i think its normal .. =P

XXpl0Sive
10-12-2003, 09:31 PM
it went away when i filled with pulp

Insane_B18
10-12-2003, 11:09 PM
its normal since integras uses a rod linkage from the shifter to the tranny instead of using a cable linkage

dcii_sir
10-12-2003, 11:43 PM
hey dude.. thats normal man.. i've had bigger problems on my teg..
when i clutch in and out or under heavy braking .. i can actually see the gear stick move front and back.. i later found out that one of my engine mounts were stuff.. and the whole engine was moving.. thus moving the stick as well.. :D

tanghy
10-12-2003, 11:51 PM
check enigne mount gearbox mount

A'PEXi
11-12-2003, 12:14 AM
yeh it happens all d time

BlakTegra
11-12-2003, 08:41 AM
It's not because the gear thingy which is connected to the gear stick is to close to the engine right?
Sorry, I'm not a tech-head at all..hahahaha

Honda-Integra
13-12-2003, 09:25 AM
hmm, i was about to ask this sort of problem too, but mine is GSi, lately the steering wheel shaking... if i hold the steering at the red light, and the car idling, i can feel it shake my hand too.... someone told me that, my engine rubber supporter, or watever they called (they said, there were 4 rubber legs that support the engine is too old, or the engine is not too good).. they wanna charge me for checkup, i rather do it myself, just i dont have the time and plus teg engine very hard to see inside out
can anyone advise this or any idea of this sort of problem?

dcii_sir
14-12-2003, 10:53 PM
The gearstick is connected to the gear linkage which in turn connects to the gearbox.. I dunno how else to explain..

Hey Honda - Integra. Just start up your car and pop open the hood man. Check if the engine shakes alot or making weird noises ?? Even a simple worn out spark plug can cause your entire engine to shake like crazy. If you cant really tell the difference, I suggest u take it to a mechanic to get it checked. Its probaly safer that way. Alternatively, go down to a Honda dealer, last time I got my car checked there for free.. I had something wrong with my vtec.. They might charge you if it involves some kind of labour but if the problem is easy to spot, it probaly wont cost u a dime.

Vvvtec
10-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Does your gf drive ur car hehe

Daveho1
11-02-2016, 04:24 AM
Hehehe