PDA

View Full Version : Honda dealer

Jassy
07-05-2011, 02:29 PM
I am not sure of the best place to post as we are new to this. But I need to let off steam about what should have been a happy time in our lives when buying a brand new car.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with buying at ******. I am wondering if they just treated us like shit or do they do this to everyone.

We purchased the MY12 new release Jazz through the week, and they have done such a dodgy on the floor mats. The guy quoted us $175 as I wanted Genuine matts, so for the price I assumed thats what I was getting. When I picked it up it had these shit ones in it with ****** printed all over them. I explained that I wanted the real ones. I can't believe for that price they put these in them.

The guy that helped me had to check with spare parts the next day to see the cost of the genuine ones. I bet him to it and found they are only $140. So by rights I should have been entitlted to a refund technically, but no the manager out there made me pay an extra $85! Because his cost price for their crappy set where only $46!! Even though he instructs his salesmen to quote and sell them to customers $175, "as thats how they made a buck" because they don't make much on the cars. What a load of shit! So effectively for genuine matts I have had to pay $260. On top of that I purchased an an additional Honda factory warranty and 5 times they told me that Ididn't have to sign any paperwork, then yesterday they told me I had to go all the way out there to sign something. I should have charged them for my waste of time over three days trying to sort this all out.

On top of that the manger was rude to me on the phone and didn't give a shit that we were unhappy customers. He had his money, substituted genuine mats with cheapies, made a buck and didn't want a bar or doing the right thing in sorting this out.

What a bunch of disorganised, dishonest, rude, people. Actually mainly just the manager as he is the one that tells his staff to tell lies and isn't prepared to clean up his mess.

Do not buy from these people unless you want to be ripped off and made a fool of, stressed out. I tell you, next time even if they had the best price I wouldn't give them my money. I would cross town and go to another dealership.

EK1 Civic
07-05-2011, 10:47 PM
I generally just go their for oem oil filters. You can write or contact consumer affairs if you feel mistreated or mislead. That mat bullshit is a load of crap. He made u pay $85 bucks just to get geniune ones and you were forced to keep and pay for the rubbish mats? Wat a jackass. The sales people their are pretty nice give u free washers and if u ask for a deal on oil/filters they practically do u a deal. They gotta go by what the upper management tells them to ie tat gay manager.

ACTI0NMAN-1
08-05-2011, 12:54 AM
I must say that all my experiences with the spare parts team at that site have been negative. Mainly not wanting to deal with me unless i had an engine number, and other times ordering parts and the parts never arriving and claiming they lost the order.
Also in my experience they seem to place a mark up of OEM items as they see fit. Which is why i try to avoid that honda site and use the Dealer in Essendon or Heidelburg.

Fredoops
08-05-2011, 12:50 PM
excuse my french.. but when it comes to OEM parts... F^&% Australian Stealerships.

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/
^^ all you'll need, even with shipping cost considered.

m3ntAL_l2
08-05-2011, 04:38 PM
please use the VENT thread in lounge, and keep names out. thx