PDA

View Full Version : Keeping an eye out + cheap prices on parts

dlai5552
08-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Hey guys,
The purpose of making this thread is to literally keep an eye on items and cars which might have been seen for cheap on eBay or in the US.

Also, it's to help people who are looking at purchasing an S2000 and what they should be aware of in a specific car if people have information on it, such as repairable write-off, stolen, odometer clocks wound back etc... all the things which any buyer would usually look for in buying a car, but can not see it straight away.

Lastly, this basically the same idea as seen from JDMST for the ebay thread:
http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?32587-The-eBay-Thread
and S2KI's "Just keeping an eye out" thread:
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/402433-just-keeping-an-eye-out/
But I know a lot of you guys don't use either thread as I've asked in person.

Here's my first Contribution:
AEM V2 Intake (all Australian Models):
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AEM-V2-AIR-INTAKE-SYSTEM-00-05-HONDA-S2000-S2K-COLD-/120587242735?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c138f4cef

Antenna replacement (much cheaper than J's by far!):
Screws straight into OEM slot as I own one.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-VE-SS-SV6-SSV-HSV-Maloo-6cm-Antenna-Aerial-/170635726799?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27baae8fcf

Enjoy :)

ludecrs
08-05-2011, 11:36 AM
hey,

Before I delete this thread, I want you to know why.
I started both threads on S2Ki (parts thread and car thread - even though they are under different usernames) to help people out when looking for cars / parts for stuff that I come across. I put this thread idea to the powers that be on OzHonda a long time ago (around the same time the car thread started on S2Ki) but it was rejected - for reasons I can't specifically remember ; probably something to do with traders potentially abusing the system to post their own items for sale without paying for trader membership. The only way around it was to create the S2000 Aftermarket parts review thread.

I'll leave the thread for now, and once again put to Wyn and see what he says, but I think this thread too shall disappear.

EDIT: PS: You know whats really trippy?
Reading your post time against mine. Took me a couple of seconds to figure out how. lol.

dlai5552
08-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Ohh wow.
I was thinking of just the same, as I logged on just now that it will disrupt the For Sale section as people who don't have access to posting can simply post here.
I actually came across this thought as I have a car for sale, but I was going to write, "no selling of own items", but that is hard to get around.
I wonder how there are doing it on s2ki though, hmmmm...

euromandeluxe
08-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Rules are different on s2ki, and noone seems to sell their own stuff through those threads anyway.

So you use that antenna? Super cheap!

dlai5552
08-05-2011, 04:03 PM
yeah man, but back in the day it was $15. haha. now $23

euromandeluxe
13-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Got the antenna. Was expecting the bottom of it to mate up to the black base on the car flush, but unfortunately the diameters are different sizes. Can't expect much more for $23 I guess.

dlai5552
14-05-2011, 01:03 AM
really man? mine fits perfectly!!!! lol

ludecrs
14-05-2011, 05:27 PM
I had a massive reply for this thread the other morning, but by the time I hit reply, the forum had gone offline and lost it.

Basically, I have to put this thread to other moderators because its something that would benefit each subforum.
Problem with that is, we're a small community. the Civic / Teg community is not, which makes moderating such a thread in their respective subforums far more difficult.

I'll put it to them by way of a poll, and play majority rules outcome.

dlai5552
14-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Alrighty, thanks ludecrs!

ludecrs
14-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Thread is up, poll ends in 7 days.

i will delete all these un-necessary replies if the thread gets a green light.

ludecrs
20-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Thread has been deemed a no go.

Locked.