PDA

View Full Version : Super Low Kings Spring on ED

ThEbLaCk
08-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Hello All,

I would llike to ask if lowing the car with superlow King Spring will need a new camber kit for my ED?

Also, does any know how much would it cost to get mechanic to change the springs? Is wheel alignment required after springs change?

Does anyone have DIY guideline for changing springs for ED which can share with me please?

Thanks

SuperJDM.
08-05-2011, 11:35 AM
New Camber Kit: Iv never heard of storys when they had to change it along with new springs...

Cost: Last time i asked was about 300-400 just to install. Save your self some money by asking friends to come over and help out.

Alignment: I would think youll need one after you lower the car.

ThEbLaCk
08-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Thats good Thanks. save me some money on the camber kit. Do I need any special tools on DIY other than spring compressor?

-Tom
08-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm guessing it's going to be similar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT_jgVqxH5U&feature=channel_video_title

v__
08-05-2011, 03:28 PM
yeah you need wheel alignment after suspension being changed.
it will be out a little bit. but doing wheel alignment will save your tyres wearing out unevenly.

bobjane will do caster/toe/camber under 100bucks.

pat88c
08-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Hello All,

I would llike to ask if lowing the car with superlow King Spring will need a new camber kit for my ED?

Maybe no depends on how the wheel camber looks after wheel alignment and not the neg camber you want

Also, does any know how much would it cost to get mechanic to change the springs? Is wheel alignment required after springs change?
Would be much money Around $300-400

Does anyone have DIY guideline for changing springs for ED which can share with me please?

Thanks

here a old thread i found on Ozhonda here which has alot of useful information
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?32904-lowering./page2&highlight=changing+springs+DIY

If your in NSW i can sell you my old superlow King Spring with shocks cheap

it will be out a little bit. but doing wheel alignment will save your tyres wearing out unevenly.

Note ed civic/crx don't have OEM front caster adjustment but you can rethread the OEM caster/traction bars/radius arm

Like shown in the rods on the left hand side of the pic
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9923/pay88csus3.jpg

dougie_504
08-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I had a set of springs done for $160, kinda mates rates.

Recently did them for somebody cheaply.

Your car will need alignment for sure as they have previously been aligned with the car's weight on the wheels, but you're removing and re-tightening the suspension components with no weight on them (car jacked) so they will not be alignment anymore once the wheels take the weight. If you know what I mean...

ThEbLaCk
09-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi, I just bought them last weekend pat88. Did the components come from your crx in the pics above?.

Dougie, I think I know what you mean no wonder cars alignment are done with wheels on ground. how long have you own ur crx

Do you guys know where I can find a front bumper lip?

markismaximus
10-05-2011, 08:56 AM

Note ed civic/crx don't have OEM front caster adjustment but you can rethread the OEM caster/traction bars/radius arm

ED's also don't have adjustable camber...