PDA

View Full Version : Locked out! Dead battery, what to do?

Glocker
08-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Hey guys, my car's battery's flat after being off-the-road for so long, and unfortunately I can't unlock my car doors with my key! Is there a separate key for the locks? My car is a 1.6L VTi Honda EH/EG9.

androo
08-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Your car might have had it's locks changed and didn't change the ignition barrel. Did you try the boot? If that doesn't work, it's a bit dodgy but do you know how to screwdriver a door? Get yourself into your car then change the barrels all together afterwards.

If not call NRMA or a locksmith and tell them you locked yourself out of your car lol they can usually help. Most mechanics also have a lock picking set so if you can tow it or call one they can come unlock it for you.

Good luck!

Glocker
08-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Yeah I can open the boot, haha. I think there's a latch in the rear seats that'll allow me to fold it down and crawl in and unlock it. That's dodgy as; but if I recall correctly some Hondas have a different key for the doors.

dougie_504
08-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Nah dude, somebody probably tried to break into the car and the last owner didn't get the new barrel fingers re-aligned to suit the ignition key.

Any wrecker will be able to break in. Otherwise just smash a quarter panel lol

e240
08-05-2011, 07:31 PM
clothes hanger

Glocker
08-05-2011, 09:10 PM
My dodgy way worked, I'll stick with it for now. Thank goodness Honda had the foresight to make a flap on the boot side to lower the rear seats. Soichiro Honda, your legend lives on!