PDA

View Full Version : Type S Leather Quality..

kt_xD
08-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Hey fellow honda owners!

I currently own a '06 type S and the leather seems to be pretty low quality causing it to crack pretty easily. I'm wondering if I'm the only one. I just use hand moisturizer for the seats once in a while to prevent the leather from being dry.

does anyone have the same problem?

thanks in advance.

funworld
09-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Im not sure if hand moisturizer is the product you should be using. From what i know, you should get a pH neutral leather cleaner and use it to give the leather a thorough clean to get rid of all the crap that has built up in the skin. Then use a leather conditioner to replace the natural oils that have been lost over time due to wear.

r3ckless
09-05-2011, 08:46 PM
I find the leather to be of decent quality. I dont daily drive my car, and my seats are now residing in my foyer LOL but good to moistrise them every 6 months though

p33r
11-05-2011, 02:04 AM
Type S leather quality is pretty terrible. Really easy to crack compared to quality leather. I think funworld is right with needing to use ph neutral leather cleaner.
Anyone know if any of the leather maintaining products at retailers like supercheap are worth getting?

Zilli
11-05-2011, 09:41 PM
take a look through our detailing forum man, i wouldnt use hand moisturiser.....