PDA

View Full Version : EM1 B16 Stabilization Kit and Torque Damper

sneakygreek
11-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Where could i Get a Engine Stabilizer Kit and Engine Torque Damper in Brisbane? ive looked on Ebay and there are a couple of Generic ones, dont know whether to trust them?

SuperJDM.
11-05-2011, 02:02 PM
i think i saw a spoon torque damper on ebay before, but are they really needed on our little EM1s with such little torque?

mugen_ctr
11-05-2011, 02:20 PM
torque damper = waste of money, unless ur engines vibrating like crazy, than really its not worth anything..... Heck even V8's dont even use engine dampers, a better solution, change ur engine mounts, that should resolve the problem

I find it hard to believe u actually need anything that excessive on a B16 motor lol

SuperJDM.
11-05-2011, 02:51 PM
and you cant say your buying it for bling because i have the spoon one on right now and you can hardly see it lol.

TheSaint
11-05-2011, 03:50 PM
i noticed like a 2% difference with one of these installed
i noticed a 99% difference with engine mount inserts installed
and apparently full engine mount kits are better again

so yeah .. i duno man

NRG make a kit thats on ebay otherwise you can get the spoon or j's racing kit in the trader section on here

sneakygreek
11-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Ok just a stabilization kit then...... to keep everything stable like my sound system...... Hid....... etc

The saint u talking about Damper or Stab Kit? My rear Engine mount is nearly gone....... Dunno whether to get a Full Hasport New kit or Sikaflex the current mounts, whats a insert?

TheSaint
11-05-2011, 07:48 PM
torque damper - waste of money

pivot razin voltage stab kit - different for every car - on my civic it improved things - on my integra it made things worse

as for engine mounts - if you can afford it and ur car is pretty modded i would go for a full hasport kit
my car isnt putting out any high power numbers (well i doubt it is lol) and i still have the original engine so i just got the energy suspension engine mount inserts (from ebay USA)
they made a world of difference =)

sneakygreek
11-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Would those Mounts be fine for a B16? and are they full kit? they seem to cheap, $100 shipped

TheSaint
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
they are only inserts for your stock mounts and they only go in 3 of them - not the whole set

sneakygreek
12-05-2011, 10:08 AM
But they def Help if the Stock ones are abit Worn? its defs much cheaper than buying a full set

TheSaint
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
well i noticed a big improvement - if the stock ones look like they are dead u will need to replace them
mine wernt to bad so i just got the ES insert kit - also get the black ones they have graphite in them - the red ones dont