PDA

View Full Version : [GD3] Suspension

GU357
12-05-2011, 10:49 PM
hey guys wanted to kno if there are any springs or coilovers that offer stiffer spring rate but without the drop.

i have a really bad driveway so just wondering

flipfire
12-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah just dont adjust the height on the coilovers.

GU357
13-05-2011, 01:19 AM
what abt rears? arent they alot more spring dependent? seeing as the springs are separate to the dampers...

flipfire
13-05-2011, 01:42 AM
They sit on an adjustable perch.

http://i.ebayimg.com/17/%21B3foyK%21%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqMOKjcE%29d0zTnIUBMmbl j0qhQ%7E%7E_35.JPG

The one on the bottom right is for the rears. You use a pair of C-spanners to adjust them.

GU357
13-05-2011, 02:14 AM
oh kool and with that u can keep stock ride height and sufferr less roll?

flipfire
13-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Yes assuming it has stiffer spring rates than stock

Lowering the car does help improve the centre of gravity which can reduce roll.

GU357
13-05-2011, 11:41 AM
yeh true but cant afford to get on demannd adjustable shocks LOL
im thinking abt just buying front ones for now.

do the tein coilovers offer this?

ouch
13-08-2011, 11:31 AM
alright i think this is the cleanest thread for suspension. i know we've covered this topic over a few threads but there arent any mods here to clean the 'jazz' section up.

any of you boys running coilovers? or just springs?

sdx91
13-08-2011, 04:32 PM
im going to get my eibach pro kit springs fitted soon.. since i just recently got a job x)

GU357
13-08-2011, 05:03 PM
i have coils but cbf putting em on.

melvin
15-08-2011, 10:40 AM
alright i think this is the cleanest thread for suspension. i know we've covered this topic over a few threads but there arent any mods here to clean the 'jazz' section up.

any of you boys running coilovers? or just springs?

Im on BC Racing V1s. Wasnt expecting much but ended up happy. Only scrubs on the craziest of potholes.

ouch
15-08-2011, 10:54 AM
they're alright mate. i remember a lot of you guys were running BC racing coilovers right? how much were they? i was looking into getting some BuddyClub n+ coilovers. anyone riding them here?

sdx91
15-08-2011, 10:56 AM
i heard buddlyclub n+ only good for track.. for roads its too stiff so i would go with another option unless u gona use mostly for track.

melvin
15-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Yep i heard BuddyClubs were too stiff for street as well. With the BCs theres 32 point damper so theres plenty to play around with. I got mine from JustJap for $1150

GU357
16-08-2011, 02:04 AM
yeh BCR is street coils for a great price

BCn+ and tein are really track ones, and u want to be going dam fast to make its worth while, my friend has GTO and that thing is fast, the ride is so stiff though if ur just costing its too boring and uncomfortable u have to be MOVING to make it worth while

ouch
16-08-2011, 09:34 PM
so you boys recommend BC RACING coilovers for everyday use?

ouch
16-08-2011, 09:43 PM
and while we're here boys... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIIC_i_JVA&feature=fvwrel HAHAHAHA

kongfu
16-08-2011, 09:46 PM
i used to have bc, now running Tein super compact with EDFC...best ever used.

ouch
16-08-2011, 09:50 PM
...and do the BC RACING coilovers go LOOOW?

blahZ
16-08-2011, 10:09 PM
im going to get my eibach pro kit springs fitted soon.. since i just recently got a job x)

do you have pics of the height?

sdx91
17-08-2011, 12:56 AM
ill post pics up when they fitted

GU357
17-08-2011, 02:54 AM
the BC's have alot of adjustment i can show u how much thread they have to adjust it if u like.

i dunno if i wanna make my ride any stiffer though so rethinking if i wanna put them on. with 16" rims.
and a floor, c pillar, struts n that. its almost uncomfortable if it wasnt for the fact im really givin her juice it would be a painful ride.

ouch
17-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Well I wanna go low. Does that mean that it must be stiff? Can someone explain this dampness stifness stuff to me? I wanna ride low with coilovers that are fully height and dampness adjustable. If i can get BC RACING coilovers for 1150$ and could also get BUDDYCLUB N+ for 150-200 dollars more, would the buddyclubs be a better option?

GU357
18-08-2011, 01:30 AM
hmm then i would go for BCn+

spring stiffness stops the car from dipping/ body rolling on turns and stops the wheel from jumping up under the car when u hit a bump, so when u hit it u will feel it more.

dampers are designed to stop the springs from rebounding too agressively, ever see a car go over a speed bump to fast? and the car bounces? if u have hard dampers it stops the spring from jumping the car around by absorbing and controlling the rebound of the springs. Dampers wont affect how much u feel when u hit a bump they will affect the bouncyness of the ride

you could have the stiffest springs like 12kg/mm but hit a speed bump with any speed and ur car is gonna
a) take structural damage
b) be very uncomfortable
c) bounce and shake abit until all the energy of the springs have absorbed has been dessipated.

by having hard dampers the springs cant bounce back to their original shape to fast and it stops the car from jolting n that.

hope that helps

ouch
22-08-2011, 05:08 PM
well i talked to the boys at jdmyard and i got quoted 1450 for a set of BUDDYCLUB n+ coilovers. they said it would be fine for street use. height adjustments will let it go loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. will be picking some up soon.

sdx91
22-08-2011, 07:20 PM
there are some coilovers on ebay that go for like 1k for jazz? check them out y0

GU357
23-08-2011, 01:23 AM
nah f*ck it just get the BCn+ they are good, we all know it. better then taking a chance on some ebay purchase.

good luck with them (not that you will need it, i hear they are pretty good)

thinking about just putting the BCR's on my jazz and leaving it for now, at stock ride height with stiffer suspension.
with the struts n stuff she comes out of corners pretty nice and composed but turning in theres so much dip.
then ill keep it as a back up vehicle, for some reason ive been really into the RX7 lately, so i might look into buying one of them :P

ss-rotel
27-08-2011, 08:18 AM
nah f*ck it just get the BCn+ they are good, we all know it. better then taking a chance on some ebay purchase.

good luck with them (not that you will need it, i hear they are pretty good)

thinking about just putting the BCR's on my jazz and leaving it for now, at stock ride height with stiffer suspension.
with the struts n stuff she comes out of corners pretty nice and composed but turning in theres so much dip.
then ill keep it as a back up vehicle, for some reason ive been really into the RX7 lately, so i might look into buying one of them :P

... look @ the spec of the coilovers.

my cusco's @ it's highest setting, is still lower than stock, these struts are very short throw, (jazz suspension is very compact compared to others), and if you wind it up too far, you'll come to the end of the rebound reach, and round a corrner you'll litterally lift a wheel off the ground.

i have mine @ about as high as i can without doing this, and it's still lower that when i was running king springs. (15mm drop)

BTW, i hope you can build a rotary... i looked @ getting an s4 rx7 years ago, (10+), but rebuilding a decent one was 5-8K...
Mind you, you can pick up an RX8 for like 20-25K if you look hard enough...

sdx91
27-08-2011, 11:17 AM
my mate got rx7 fd from car auction in japan for 10k but duno wat else he would have needed to do.. but so cheap

GU357
27-08-2011, 12:18 PM
yeh my mate has a rx8, he put a gt wing on it, so it became cop bait, one day the engine needed replacing after abt 100k kms
he managed to get a jap race spec engine that had been mildly tuned down.
due to the spoiler he was given a yellow sticker the guy at the pits said it was all good but wanted to put a sniffer in the exhaust, turns out the jap engine was running too rich and needed tuning to run leaner.
after another 5k for a retune one of the chamber faces cracked due to higher heat, now the car sits in a garage. i was gonna buy it off him, but one reason i wanted a rx7 is because it was a small car, rx8 isnt quite the same.
might go for the s2k over the rx7 tho, cos it still has ~250hp and a much more reliable engine.

ss-rotel
28-08-2011, 08:03 PM
after another 5k for a retune one of the chamber faces cracked due to higher heat, now the car sits in a garage. i was gonna buy it off him, but one reason i wanted a rx7 is because it was a small car, rx8 isnt quite the same.
might go for the s2k over the rx7 tho, cos it still has ~250hp and a much more reliable engine.

if the rotor housing get's damaged, you need to replace it, the rotor, and at the very least, the apex seals. which USUALLY means a new engine, as that's usually cheaper. shame, sounded like a decent engine... :)

... i dont know... i wanan build a race car, thinking an old, (s1) MX5, and finding a eunos 1.8 V6, and Super charging it :) that would be something different :)
as it's a race car, i wouldn't care the condition, i'd gut it anyway, and they are pretty cheap. 3-5K, few K for engine, 1K for SC, 2-3K fitting and engineering...

would be a cool drift car/circuit racer

ss-rotel
28-08-2011, 08:53 PM
oh, and back on topic, fitted the front top strut bar today. maked a huge difference, but i've got a theory on that one. the last few times i've fitted one of these, it made a difference, but not as much as this one this time.

a) this is really a decent quality unit. Ultraracing gear really seems like the stuff. highly recommended.
b) after i fitted the under fender bracing, the energy that was being distrubted through out the chassis due to flex, was being turned into the lateral movement of the strut tops, throwing out wheel alignment more than usual.

anyway, managed to just hold on, (started to oversteer, but if i tried to push throu it, it understeered pretty much straight away), around a round about, (big one), @ 50kmph, were tonite, i smashed a much tighter round about with no tyre squeek, pretty much dead flat, @ over 60.

one day this week if i can get away early from work, going to find a hill and destroy it :)

GU357
29-08-2011, 01:16 PM
good luck, your a local jazz legend :P

the miata idea sounds good, would make an amazing down hill car bedcause its light, tbh tho i would rather a suzuki capucchino with a big ass engine that sh1t would GO!

ss-rotel
06-09-2011, 03:57 PM
i would rather a suzuki capucchino with a big ass engine that sh1t would GO!

engine for that would be a hyabusa engine, or a G13B out of a swift gti.

I was looking @ that after i bought pistons for the Jazz. the Stock G13B piston diameter is 74mm, were the Jazz is 73mm.

i wonder if they'd fit, (40thou overbore). difference in price was sub $200 for forged G13B piston, were Jazz ones start @ $600.

not that it matters anymore... :P

ouch
07-09-2011, 12:30 AM
whered you get a ultraracing strut bar?

GU357
07-09-2011, 01:15 AM
ebay! ahaha

oh and Rotel, the swift pistons would be 2x oversize for the jazz, but it would be down to like the distance from the gujjin pin to the piston top n stuff like that. i thought the swift had a 1.3L so if it has a wider piston it must have shorter travel.
i dunno.
anyway good luck

ouch
21-09-2011, 01:05 AM
ok guys after all my shittalk i have came to the conclusion that just buying springs will do the job. However, finding springs that go low enough is a different story. does anyone know if there are springs out there that give considerable drop, like 2-4"? and does this kill the struts with the extra pressure?

does anyone remember stitch? i think he was running just springs too. what were they?

fillit
21-09-2011, 01:10 AM
tiens from memory.

it will add extra pressure but won't kill your struts, shock absorbers are a different story.

ouch
21-09-2011, 08:48 AM
shock absorbers are a different story.

maybe im talking about my shocks. with lowlowlow springs, they're just gonna die with all the extra load, right?

GU357
21-09-2011, 10:58 AM
lets get this striahgt, struts comes from the term macpherson struts, which is just a type of coilover. the jazz only has macphersons at the front. the back are seperated.

so we should call them all coilovers.
A coilover has 2 parts; Spring and Damper

I presume your talking about the damper.
if u wanna drop this baby 3 inches you will most likely need coilovers
otherwise ur dampers wont be used to their full and bottom out more.

Tein S tech springs give
1.8F - 1.2R inches drop

Lowered Kings
30-35mm apparently

Tanabe GF210
1.5F - 0.9R inches drop

Eibach Prokit
30mm front and rear

Apex kit
30-40mm overall drop

Tanabe Lowering
1.8F - 1.3R inches drop

Skunk2
1.8F - 1.4R Inches drop

ss-rotel
21-09-2011, 02:22 PM
ebay! ahaha

oh and Rotel, the swift pistons would be 2x oversize for the jazz, but it would be down to like the distance from the gujjin pin to the piston top n stuff like that. i thought the swift had a 1.3L so if it has a wider piston it must have shorter travel.
i dunno.
anyway good luck

yeah, would have guessed the stroke would have had to be shorter.. was just thinking out loud... unlikely i would ever do that...

dont understand what you mean by 2x oversize. you'd need to bore out 40 thou, and when i was looking @ my pistons, i had the option of up to the same size, (74mm, over 73mm, which is 40thou), hence my thought, that you might be able to get them to fit

the hardest part is due to the design of the L15 head, you'd not be able to get a compresion number untill you built the engine, and had it tested. alot of work, or a whim, to save a few hundred $$$, and if it didn't work, waste of a good set of pistons, and a day's labour...

anyway :P

for a race car, or cheap hack, there are other cars to buy over the jazz, they hold their value to well, (read - expensive), hell, a VR6 4 motion Bora would be a great car to get, WRX fast, easy to mod, and since they dont hold resale value, cheap to buy

GU357
21-09-2011, 02:35 PM
oh what i meant by 2x oversize was in most engines 1 size oversize was 0.5mm extra bore.
so 2x oversize is 1mm bore out.

if that makes sense?

GU357
21-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh pedders wants 375 to install my struts and gimme wheel allignment.
sounds pretty good i asked him about like lifting driver side abit and lowering it to max street legal (100mm) and he sounds like he is in the know.
and i might get a camber kit done by them too

sdx91
21-09-2011, 02:56 PM
nice let me know how the camber turns out and isnt it easy to install struts? :/

GU357
21-09-2011, 03:00 PM
yeh but im gonna get it done whilst im at uni.

GU357
21-09-2011, 03:00 PM
the pedders dude reckons no point getting the camber for FWD because ill just scrub tyres out quicker.

ouch
21-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Oh pedders wants 375 to install my struts and gimme wheel allignment.
sounds pretty good i asked him about like lifting driver side abit and lowering it to max street legal (100mm) and he sounds like he is in the know.
and i might get a camber kit done by them too

just helped put my mates buddyclubs on his ek. very surprised as to how low they can go.

i want some pics after your install! when you getting them done?

GU357
21-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Im gonna get mine done this friday, hopefully if all goes well pics be up on sat/sun.
planning to drop it to about 120mm off the ground - same as a Civic Type R (FN).
maybe abit lower, but i really need to be able to clear speed bumps as my uni is covered in them, if it was a face and the speed bumps were warts it would look like the elephant man.

GU357
21-09-2011, 10:23 PM
ok guys after all my shittalk i have came to the conclusion that just buying springs will do the job. However, finding springs that go low enough is a different story. does anyone know if there are springs out there that give considerable drop, like 2-4"? and does this kill the struts with the extra pressure?

does anyone remember stitch? i think he was running just springs too. what were they?

STIICH
had Teins but i thought i saw him say it were coils, either way hes selling his car now, 13k but its the 1.3L

ouch
22-09-2011, 01:18 AM
link me his FS listing?

GU357
22-09-2011, 02:15 AM
- - - 2004 Honda Jazz GD1 - - - (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?136605-2004-Honda-Jazz-GD1)

says tein coils or zeal coils

ouch
27-09-2011, 12:11 AM
KIDO RACING Coilovers Jazz GD

For Street and Circuit Use

Front Coilovers : Pillow ball or Rubber Top Mount.(application dependent)

Front Spring Rate : 6kg/mm

Rear Coilovers : Pillow ball or Rubber Top Mount. (application dependent)

Rear Spring Rate : 5kg/mm

If for other spring rate,we can follow customers setting to make.Please contact us before your bid.

● Mono-tube shock design

● 40 levels of dampening adjustability can be set to any preference

● 44mm linear characteristic internal piston

● Italian IP F.A 5W made very high viscosity index guarantees efficient shock-absorbing action at any ambient temperature

● Lower bracket height adjustability prevents the needs to adjust the spring perch offering the max shock-absorbing travel

● SAE9254 cold-bent spring is designed to optimize the balance between performance and comfort

$1015

jazz suspension 09+ (12 day delivery time excluding weekends)

Martin please let me know what ones are of interest, if interessted then i will double check over everything and create an invoice.

--------

Megan street series=$1350

Megan Racing Coil-Over Dampers are the ultimate upgrade to your track or street car. Featuring 32 Levels of damper force adjustment, full-height adjustment, these damper kits are then perfectly matched with front and rear Pillow Ball upper mounts for camber correction in most applications.

The adjustment of the damper is as simple as can be with a built-in knob at the top of the damper mount for easy access. Simple adjustments can be made to tune to your style of driving and comfort level desired. Single-Adjustable dampers make suspension adjustments easy to tune whether you’re a professional mechanic or an automotive enthusiast with amateur mechanical skills.

The height adjustment is made easy with CNC-Machined locking perches for accuracy and smooth adjustment. You can raise your car up to factory height for OEM appearance with performance handling or you can drop your car all the way down for a formal racetrack and an aggressive stance lowering your center of gravity to gain full potential of your car’s handling capabilities.

On most applications, the Megan Racing Damper Kits come with fully adjustable Pillow-Ball upper mounts to easily tune and adjust your camber. Adjustable camber gives you an edge on most suspension setups, as you can easily tune your car for any ride height which improves handling, predictability and furthermore tire wear, which is a great benefit both on the racetrack and on the street.

The quality and durability of the Megan Racing Damper kits are unmatched. Made of extremely durable Steel and featuring springs that are constructed of SAE-9254 Cold-Wound Steel which are then tested over 500,000 times by compression inspection. With deformation less than 5% and high strength sophisticated surface coating, we stand by our product with our strong warranty.

Features:

- Spring Rates: 5kg Front and 4kg Rear

- 32 Levels of Adjustable Damper

- Rubber Dust Covers

- Adjustable Ride Height

- Aggressive Spring Rates

- Single-Cylinder Design

- Aluminum Brackets

32 Levels of Adjustment:

1-8: Suggested for track use.
9-16: Suggested for mountain/aggressive use.
17-32: Suggested for common street use.

- All Hardware is Included

----------------------------------

Blackworks SS Coilovers-$1385

The New BWR SS Coilover feature's a wide range of height adjustments without changing the spring compression and sacrificing the shock stroke. Traditional Coilovers requires the movement of the spring perch to determine the ride height, causing a reduction in suspension travel and induce coil spring binding. The bottom shock fork / connector is threaded to allow height adjustments to each drivers need without having to shorten the suspension travel by maintaining the original spring perch location. With this function, each driver can lower the center of gravity to achieve better handling, without sacrificing ride quality.

BWR SS TYPE SUSPENSION SPECS: SS provides height adjustments, damping force not adjustable suspension on the SS version (for dampning force check out the GT series.). Alloy forged aluminum correspondent with anodized finish brackets, spring seats and upper mounts.

SPRING RATES: Front 10KG (560lbs) Rear 7KG (392lbs)

-----------------------------------------

Function form #2 : $1375

The Type Two Coil-Over is our flagship full bodied coil-over. More aggressive than the Type One, we aimed to make it the ultimate street inspired coil-over. Our philosphy was a coil-over designer for street durability, comfort, and style, but can endure the occasional track days. A lot of our customers dream of hitting the track, but the reality is they want to enjoy their pride and joy on the streets as well. A dedicated track car is not an easy task many find out. But thats ok, because we designed a suspension that can let you enjoy the streets or an occasional fling on the track. You pick. In achieving this, we wanted to make a stronger product to endure the imperfections of the real world. Steel materials have been used for the lower mounts to give the shocks OEM durability. Spring rates are slightly more aggressive than a Type One, to handle occasional track duties and spirited street driving (we always suggest safe and smart driving on public roads). But this did not sacrafice ride quality. Twin tube shocks are used for durability and a smoother ride on the street. Our goal is to offer you a suspension that can handle the wear and tear of daily driving duties. With the Type Two's 32 levels of dampening adjustment, you can dial in ride and handling characteristics for the street or the track, giving you ultimate versatility. Added features: - 32 levels of dampening adjustments. - Dampening adjustments made with a knob that "clicks" at each level. - Steel construction of lower mounts for maximum strength. - Adjustable camber plates.* - Adjustable pillow ball mounts.* - Adjustable ride height from the bottom mount. [1] - Special oil lubrication to withstand conditions from -40 degrees Celsius to 200 degrees Celsius. [2] - Dual tube shock design for maximum ride comfort. - McPherson strut piston size 50mm. -Double wishbone piston size 43mm. - Depending on applications. [1] This allows the user to retain full shock travel, while being able to lower the car significantly. [2] Allowing the shock to perform in even the most demanding environments. Spring Rates 12K Fronts 10K Rears

------------

d2 purple racing coils: $1200

The RS coilover system is a 36 way dampner and rebound adjustable monotube full coilover system. The setup has seperate height and preload adjustments allowing for optimal adjustment and allowing full strut travel at all times along with pillowball upper mounts or top mounts*. Mounts are constructed of 6061 powder coated aluminum. Threads are teflon coated to prevent rust.
Spring Rates 7k Front and 5.2k Rear

---------

Kontrol Pro Damper System: $1180

Ksport Kontrol Pro Fully Adjustable Coilover Kits provide the ultimate in suspension technology for your street or track car. 36 levels of dampening adjustment allow you to fine tune the ride to your handling and comfort needs. The dampening adjusts compression and rebound simultaneously for ease of adjustment. Pillow ball top mounts in the front and rear on some applications allow you to maintain vehicle manufacturer suspension geometry design. The pillow ball top mounts also allow you a more direct feel for solid driver response. Camber adjustability is included on pillow ball top mounts that allow it for the ability to adjust camber from the actual coilover, instead of a separate camber kit. Most applications utilize an adjustable lower mount, which means you adjust height without losing suspension travel like some other coilover designs do. With the mounts and most pieces of the coilover being designed for 6061 billet aluminum the kit is lightweight, durable, and rust resistant. The steel shock body is electroplated with zinc to resist rust and the elements. The valving of each set is matched to the springs installed for unmatched ride quality and reliability. The Ksport system uses a Monotube design in which the oil and gas are separated within the cylinder. When compared to twin tube designs the Monotube dissipates heat better, allows finer dampening adjustments, and requires more expensive design process. Aeration and cavatation are a lot less common in a Monotube design, which results in a better ride. The Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilover kit has been designed with professional road racing in mind offering extremely high value and performance. Feature: 36 levels of adjustable dampening Feature: Made from high quality 6061 aluminum with T6 for increased hardness Feature: Compression/Rebound adjustable Feature: Adjustable spring perch for height adjustment.

plus theres the buddyclub n+ i can get.

what you guys reckon? my sole purpose really is to go low, with also the added benefit of handling and seeing the difference between stock and aftermarket coilovers are.

GU357
27-09-2011, 02:28 AM
WOW BWR (blackworks) is 10kg/mm front?! jesus that would be stiff.
i would go around 7k front otherwise it will be SOO stiff.

dont go softer tho other wise when u lower it the wheels will travel up higher when u hit bumps, ie More scrubbing.

GU357
02-10-2011, 01:16 AM
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20111001_005.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20111001_004.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20111001_003.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/20111001_002.jpg

However my coilovers are knocking :/
which doesnt sound good, when u hit hard bumps or the wheel comes off a bump and hits the ground.
gonna ask the dude wtf is up.

pedders reckon the tie rods or something might be worn or missing, and its unlikely the suspension itself.

GU357
02-10-2011, 01:17 AM
the pics dont do it justice.

with the bucket seat and the springs the ride is actually quite low. my gf looks a foot taller then me when shes in the passenger side when really shes shorter.

fillit
02-10-2011, 12:18 PM
where's your shopping list gone?

in regards to the knocking, i get that a little even in my car.

take a pic from a low angle... so pretty much place the camera on the ground and take a photo.

GU357
02-10-2011, 12:29 PM
yeh well if u were near by i would takeu for a drive ahaha

and i must say 6kg/mm springs front n back are very stiff, i would prefer 5.
my car kinda creaks now if its on even ground, thats how stiff it is!
not really noticable only if ur going very slow.

but the knocking is when the wheel touches the ground and is pushed back into the wheel arch after coming of en edge, ie unlevel road or off driveways that arent flush with the road...
might be loos upper mount?

ouch
04-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Ok guys go my mind set on buddyclubs as long as the usdm ones fit the audm ones. Can anyone confirm? I'm planning to buy them from the US but am unsure about the compatability.

GU357
04-10-2011, 12:25 PM
well it would be the same but dont hold me to that, how much are they?

ouch
04-10-2011, 12:30 PM
They're 950 plus 150 postage. So 1100 Give or take a few dollars because of exchange rate. I mean I don't see why they won't fit, but this being said I believe they have an endlink holder thing on the side of the coilover :s

GU357
04-10-2011, 12:34 PM
the BC racing ones are only like 1150.

im actually thinking of buying Ksport RA coils from the US if pedders cant figure out whats wrong with my coils

ouch
04-10-2011, 12:38 PM
I would much rather get buddyclubs than bc racing. And the buddyclubs came out cheaper anyways. I was thinking ksports as well, they do go low, but this offer from fitfreak turns out to be the cheapest anyways so I'm probably gonna end up with them.

GU357
04-10-2011, 01:23 PM
link me.
1100 is very cheap though.

i was thinking about getting the DND ones, but the springs rates are so weak.

ouch
04-10-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm at UNI now but this is a mobile site. I'll link you later tonight if it doesn't work.

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gauge-interest-fit-product-group-buy/66733-group-buy-buddy-club-n-coilovers-7.html#post1038424

GU357
04-10-2011, 08:58 PM
if it really is just 950+ postage i would even buy it. thats cheap!!
but atm im looking at maybe T1R from jdm yard or the tanabe ones on jdm concept.

fillit
04-10-2011, 10:01 PM
umm...... that group buy is from america, you're gonna get hit with currency conversion and then import tax. all of which is if they are willing to actually group buy with aussies.

GU357
04-10-2011, 10:04 PM
thats true....
fillit has a valid point.

trying to see if i can get the Ksport ones here in perth because theres a Ksport supplier here.
if not ill either order the Ksports online or the BWR. depending on spring rates.

ouch
04-10-2011, 10:54 PM
i have talked to the bloke and its 1100 posted. whats with this import tax? arent t1rs like 1.7 - 2k at jdmyard? and i can get Ksport Kontrol Pro Damper System for $1180.

fillit
04-10-2011, 11:00 PM
import tax is applied to any good sent to Australia with value of $1000 or more, as it is a significant item you would likely have insurance on it too which means you can't put down some bs amount.

ouch
04-10-2011, 11:17 PM
the actual item about 950, but with postage it is 1100. how is it calculated anyways? where would i be paying this tax?

GU357
05-10-2011, 01:11 AM
oh dude btw you know all the cpoilovers you find will offer roughly the same drop and the drop would be lower then the car can physically go anyway, because the wheels come up into the front of the car.

fillit
05-10-2011, 04:58 PM
it will be paid at customs, to be honest there's nothing stopping you from putting $200 as declaration, but if goes through customs and they assess it as above that value then you will have to pay.

GU357
05-10-2011, 07:45 PM
I can get Blackworks coilovers from JDM Accesories, for abt 1150 (i cant remember name of the business, but its the place "BlastnPast' was promoting)

and i got quoted 1950 for Ksports (include installation and wheel allignment)

but wont look into that till i take the car back to pedders tomorrow and ask them to figure out wtf that knocking is.

ouch
05-10-2011, 09:06 PM
yeah blastnpast quoted me 1150 for ksports.

i emailed buddyclub and they said the version 1s were taken off the market because they werent suited for australian roads. i have received a reply saying that the version 2s will come out within the next few weeks.

GU357
05-10-2011, 10:06 PM
LOL but the official Buddyclub importer for AU went broke LOL

ouch
05-10-2011, 10:57 PM
defs not from aus, the english was shocking - but still legible. but again, we shall see what my bank says in a few weeks

GU357
06-10-2011, 01:10 AM
ahaha.
well good luck, i wonder if pedders will fix the knocking tomorrow...
and how much they will slug me

GU357
06-10-2011, 07:47 PM
WOW, got car back from Pedders.

they dropped it an extra ~5mm front and 10mm rear.
fixed the knocking (it was due to a lose spring seat and something to do with an unadjusted damper).
and best part they did it free of charge!

he did say however due to the lightness and rigidity of the vehicle it skips in heavy cornering, makes it kinda fun though.

Paul.Z
06-10-2011, 08:03 PM
ahahaha nice work

GU357
06-10-2011, 11:20 PM
yeh, alot better then paying another 2k to install K sports ahaha.

but the sussy is still very stiff, and the car being light weight and not very stiff as stock (since its a family car) creaks if your on uneven road

GU357
07-10-2011, 04:46 PM
NEW PICS BRO!!!
got it lowered another 5mm on the front.
and and 10mm on rear to try even it out.

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/th_PA070051.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/?action=view&current=PA070051.jpg)http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/th_PA070050.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/?action=view&current=PA070050.jpg)http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/th_PA070049.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/?action=view&current=PA070049.jpg)http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/th_PA070048.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/?action=view&current=PA070048.jpg)http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/th_PA070047.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/?action=view&current=PA070047.jpg)http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/th_PA070046.jpg (http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/?action=view&current=PA070046.jpg)
Click for larger image

ouch
22-03-2013, 09:45 AM
guys im running T1R bmax coilovers in my GD3. when i hit a bump in the road or theres too much travel i get this loud creak/bump. I have a suspicion they are not bolted down tight or something. OR are my shocks gone? i really dont know.

DreadAngel
22-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Has it only happened recently? How long have you had your coilovers on for?

If only recently and you're just noticing, it could be the solid/pillowball top mount banging against the chassis mount.

Check to make sure the spring seat or lock nut is secure. It is seldom this issue if its a creak or squeak though...

Then check the top mount [Assuming you have pillow top mount], try to rotate them, if they are very stiff or squeaking, it could be the bearing in them are gone...

Failing that try to check your damper, push down on it and see if you can replicate the noise, if you can then you may be looking at a rebuild...

ouch
22-03-2013, 11:24 AM
the jazz does has macpherson struts. i should note it only happens at the rear, and the real part that could be moving is around the top mount. whether it be the solid/pillowball or a loose nut. Someone please just come and check it out. hurstville area, anyone?

Rage King
23-03-2013, 09:43 PM
the jazz does has macpherson struts. i should note it only happens at the rear, and the real part that could be moving is around the top mount. whether it be the solid/pillowball or a loose nut. Someone please just come and check it out. hurstville area, anyone?

im in QLD at the moment for work ....but if you pay for my flight down and back ill come and sus it out for you :)

But from what DreadAngel is saying - check those ... and also check the bump stops bushing and see if thats gone. look for oil leaks from the strut also...

unfortunately T1R bmax may not be serviceable or has a lack of replacement parts. who knows mun ...