PDA

View Full Version : Stock. B18c2 exhaust

dc2screama
13-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Hey peeps
I need a lil help picking a aftermarket exhaust. I don't want anything to loud Or a massive cannon, just some thing quiet and more power.
Your opinions..
Thanks

TheSaint
13-05-2011, 03:01 PM
get an intake first - sounds mental with the stock dc2 exhaust

dc2screama
13-05-2011, 03:29 PM
On order, waiting for it to arrive. Can't wait

blabla
13-05-2011, 04:51 PM
get a full stainless system that will help and like a twinloop system

dc2screama
13-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Will it work well with the stock headers?
What would someone charge for a stainless system and twin loop roughly..any idea

jdm18c
13-05-2011, 05:26 PM
man you if you on a budget best to get a itr exhaust anything after markrt looking around 1000 depending

DC2-PWR
13-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Mugen twinloop
RMA01
ummm i cant think of any other one.

dc2screama
13-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the opinions boys, definitely keeping in mind the itr exhaust and mugen twinloop.
I'm in no rush atm, got to do my research :)

ceeazian
13-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Mugen twinloop
RMA01
ummm i cant think of any other one.

x2. tried both. both best for daily / spirited driving.

Jccck
13-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Stuff the exhaust.
Get a decent 4-2-1 Header, it will make you car sound the way it was supposed to.. Awesome!
Pipe Diameter+Cat more or less changes the volume, and depth.. Resonator generally handles the rasp.
It's the Header and Intake that change the sound curve and basically make your car not sound like ass.

If you can't get a 4-2-1 Header and a shortram intake off eBay for less than $300 shipped.. I'll be incredibly suprised =)

Don't listen to them about the Stainless Steel.. It costs roughly DOUBLE what a mild steel exhaust does.. And does nothing AT ALL for performance.
Sure, Stainless Steel is more resistant to corrosion!
BUT, your average Mild Steel exhaust on a garaged car will last 7-10 years with no problems.

Apexi WS2 makes the best 'quiet' performance muffler.. But any good sized Glasspack muffler will do the exact same job without the expensive brandname.
Trust me =)

EDIT: 2.5" Performance Exhaust (Not Mandrel) with a nice Glasspack Muffler and a flashy tip should set you back roughly $350 depending who you know.
And if you're going to fork out for a High Flow Cat, buy a Metallic one! Not a Ceramic

dc2screama
13-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanks for your opinion jccck, what are some decent brand headers?
Iv got a injen cai on order atm then I'm after exhaust or headers next either way il be doin both but one at a time since money is always a problem with modding, as l was saying not in a real rush,iv only had the car for roughly 3 months was stock when l got it, got some 17s on it, some super lows which are so far so good(fingers crossed) there's no evidence of saging and sits perfect, shaved spoiler and l also got some aftermarket speakers in. Lovin the Car

TheSaint
13-05-2011, 07:52 PM
i got my stainless system and xforce twinloop setup for under $400
my stainless headers cost $140 on ebay and never had a problem with it

be patient and keep ur eyes peeled for bargains and you will come out on top

also there have been entire mugen catbacks going in the f/s section on here for around $400 - SUPER CHEAP
mine cost $1550 and i sold it for $900

ceeazian
13-05-2011, 07:56 PM
depends what route and budget your heading with the car. if your looking for headers off ebay they can vary from $100-$300 for a cheap and nasty one. next step up you'd be looking at the replica headers anywhere between $400-$600.. there are so many replicas going around these days with apparent proven results on the dyno by just slapping them on, you've got replicas of SMSP, Hytech, RMF Narrow and even Toda, basically anything. Just consider these are replicas, so they're not the genuine thing. If you want to spend the money $800++ go the Toda, Mugen, Spoon? Don't forget they're alot of different ones made...but consider what you want out of your car :) they're always a set of jdm 4-1 headers on here every now and then!

dc2screama
13-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Thesaint did you install your stainless headers? Will i/h/e work well with the stock b18c2 ecu? Or do you need a aftermarket ecu..

TheSaint
13-05-2011, 09:34 PM
i installed the headers myself - the ebay ones are fine for D-series
but i dont know what they are like for B-series

personally i would get:
- Fujita CAI (similar to Injen but better pod)
- cheap genuine mugen catback from the F/S section on here
- 5Zigen 4-2-1 headers
- tune with VAFCII

dougie_504
14-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Fujitsubo Power Getter. Truly gorgeous exhaust, deep, and quiet. Opens up nicely.

Go full exhaust. Get a decent header - Fujitsubo, 5Zigen or similar are good value. XForce is decent. If you have the money then go TODA, Skunk2, J's Racing, Mugen etc.

100cel high-flow cat. 'Metal' is a good brand.